DCS logical step

awsmone

Apr 6, 2014
Canberra Australia
I have been offered a good price on a complete DCS Scarlatti stack

From my reading the big differences are the change to vivaldi mode and the Vivaldi DAC

As i want to be able to place my big SACD collection

My plan was to buy the full Scarlatti stack

upgrade to Vivaldi mode

Then replace Scarlatti Dac with Vivaldi DAC

does that seem sensible?

Mdp632

May 29, 2016

From my reading the big differences are the change to vivaldi mode and the Vivaldi DAC

upgrade to Vivaldi mode

does that seem sensible?

Why not just get the companion transport for your EMM Labs?

jfrech

VIP/Donor
Sep 3, 2012
Austin

upgrade to Vivaldi mode

does that seem sensible?

I had scarlatti a few years ago and upgraded to Vivaldi one piece at a time. The Dac is the first place to start. And yes it's a big difference. That said, Scarlatti is still one of the best digital platforms. Assuming you won't loose much on trade to Vivaldi...it's a good choice for you.

BMCG

VIP/Donor
Oct 1, 2016
United Kingdom
Assuming you won't loose much on trade to Vivaldi...it's a good choice for you.

dCS has offered attractive trade-up values in the past...at least in my experience these are superior to the equivalent secondary market numbers.

jfrech

VIP/Donor
Sep 3, 2012
Austin
dCS has offered attractive trade-up values in the past...at least in my experience these are superior to the equivalent secondary market numbers.

Agreed, that's exactly how I traded up via my dealer...

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing