Game Of Thrones- Season 7

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA
So Jon is not the bastard son of Ned Stark but doesn't know it yet

correct - Ned protected the baby by calling him his bastard as he knew Robert Baratheon would kill the boy after ascending the Iron Throne. In Season 1, King Robert was def going after the two Targaryen siblings through Varys and his spies - which was pointed out by Daenerys a few episodes ago.

this season has really had some old points revisited! even Gendry hasn't been seen since like Season 3 and he's Robert's bastard.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Dany is the last child of the Mad King (King Aerys I Targaryen), Jon is the son of the Mad King's oldest child (Prince Rhaegar Targaryen) and Lyanna Stark.

it's confusing - but if you recall Bran last season had a session where he was "with" Ned Stark who heard his sister Lyanna having a baby in a tower. Lyanna was married to Rhaegar Targaryen secretly in Dorne and later died during that childbirth (after being abducted by Rhaegar which started the war that led to Baratheon defeating the "Mad King") This was also outed by Gilly in a scroll she read a few episodes ago before Sam packed up and left Oldtown.

Rhaegar is Daenarys (much) older brother. However, the Targaryans were known for incest as they wanted to keep pure bloodlines. I believe the Mad King wanted Dany to marry one of the crown princes.

the key point is that Jon Snow is a Targaryen and can marry Dany and potentially she could have children again (as alluded to several times during this episode)

Which brother of Dany was killed by her husband from molten gold poured over his head

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Viserys Stevie.

Well the good guys better hurry because the baddies are only a few hours march from the wall.

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011
There's no doubt in my mind that you guys who read the books have a much deeper understanding than those of us who didn't

Just read the blogs Steve. Its all discussed. Also in the UK, there is 1 hour recap show (immediately after) called ThroneCast that is almost as good as the show. Actors, celebrities, the Host and studio audience all discuss the last episode with humour and passion.

DaveC

Industry Expert
Nov 16, 2014
Well the good guys better hurry because the baddies are only a few hours march from the wall.

:rolleyes:

They seem to be moving in slllloooowwwwwwwwww motion....

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA
I agree- great episode and perhaps the best of the season. The Littlefinger scene was so epic! As was Cersei the entire episode

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
I haven't watched a single episode of all seasons. Perhaps one day I'll have a go @ it, a marathon of all the episodes of all the seasons when it's all over. Will it be over one day? It is a very very popular series from the news I am reading out there in the entertainment news channels.

I wish I have more time...so many good shows so little time.

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011
GoT stands at the forefront of quality TV shows...and it stands alone!

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada

That's what everybody's saying. ...Along with GotG 1 and 2 ... the films. ...Both in three-DDD too, and with some great retro music.
You guys persuaded me; I will be checking GoT, one episode (the best one) to see if it balances my boat gently. Is it on Netflix*?

* No it isn't, unfortunately (I checked last night).

Last edited:

SCAudiophile

Sep 11, 2010
Greer South Carolina (USA)

+1!!!

VIKINGS is another on The History Channel that is of exceptional quality and is very well made IMHO.

BLACK LIST is another favorite and of exceptional quality film-making & acting.

SCAudiophile

Sep 11, 2010
Greer South Carolina (USA)
I thought the season finale was terrific and leaves nothing more to the imagination for the final season. That wall came down fast. Time to get it all on

The biggest news that I read yesterday is that the final season won't be showing up until very late 2018 or early 2019

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/li...-final-season-isnt-a-big-deal-anymore-1032873

Exceptional episode....the Night King's Wight-Dragon (it that's what you call it) is a very daunting obstacle for the living to say the least. I wish they'd do a bit more character development as to the background on the Night King, the ruling class of his warriors and their genesis.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Exceptional episode....the Night King's Wight-Dragon (it that's what you call it) is a very daunting obstacle for the living to say the least. I wish they'd do a bit more character development as to the background on the Night King, the ruling class of his warriors and their genesis.

A flashback episode of the war between the first men and the children of the forest would indeed be interesting. I imagine any battle vignettes would be extremely expensive.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing