JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines

Hilarious!

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah
I thought tonight's episode was epic. For the sake of those that haven't seen it I can't comment further for the sake of spoilers

And next weeks episode is the season finale

Thank you! You know I like to record the entire season and the watch the whole thing at once, it's hard to wait :([FONT=Trebuchet MS, Lucida Grande, Lucida Sans Unicode, Lucida Sans, Tahoma, sans-serif]...[/FONT]

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA
More and more I think about it, the less I liked it. One of the dumber episodes I've seen. Wasn't close to Dany vs. the Lannisters a few weeks ago.

Hoping the finale is good at Kings Landing. Do we see the Mountain vs Hound?

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
More and more I think about it, the less I liked it. One of the dumber episodes I've seen. Wasn't close to Dany vs. the Lannisters a few weeks ago.

Hoping the finale is good at Kings Landing. Do we see the Mountain vs Hound?

respectfully disagree

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA
my big problem with this season is that they should have taken 2, 10 episode seasons to wrap it up. it's clearly rushed and they have steered the ship away from George RR Martin fantasy at the same time. its linear and predictable. if the worst death last night was the mighty Thoros of Myr...

Steve Williams

I agree about the hurry up speed to finish and was even surprised that next week is the season finale

Nonetheless it is all in good fun and great entertainment for my wife and I as we really enjoyed it. Although the last scene before fade to black was highly predictable it does set up an interesting show down with the wight walkers

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011
I agree about the hurry up speed to finish and was even surprised that next week is the season finale

Nonetheless it is all in good fun and great entertainment for my wife and I as we really enjoyed it. Although the last scene before fade to black was highly predictable it does set up an interesting show down with the wight walkers

Apparently its the WHITE Walkers and the minions are the Wights.

Sharp 1080

Apr 20, 2010
Dallas,Texas
I still enjoy the show but the writing has obviously changed since the book material is no longer in the show. Arya and Sansa is a prime example of how the show has become less engaging than before.

DaveC

Industry Expert
Nov 16, 2014
Yeah, it's disappointing but still entertaining. I'll just try not to dwell on the issues too much....

WTF is Euron doing now I wonder?... all set to capture Dany and John on their way back in the last scene of the finale I'd guess... ;)

sbo6

VIP/Donor
May 18, 2014
Round Rock, TX
I agree they are rushing the final season. The pace was excellent for the first 6 seasons, it's a bit odd to see things happening so quickly. Never the less seeing the characters that hated each other so much come face to face, some joining forces, some not. And then, of course the build to the finale. BTW - I predicted the end of this last show, no kidding!

Last edited:

chopchopbin

Sep 27, 2015
How many miles is Dragonstone to beyond the wall? Those dragons fly fast!

Kenyan Hillary Kimaiyo won the inaugural 10 km race last year by blazing to an almost unthinkable 26:01.2 but I think Gendry is faster.

Where do the wights get those chains? How do they attach the chains to the animal if they couldn't even swim?

Inquiring minds wants to know :confused:

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA
How many miles is Dragonstone to beyond the wall? Those dragons fly fast!

Kenyan Hillary Kimaiyo won the inaugural 10 km race last year by blazing to an almost unthinkable 26:01.2 but I think Gendry is faster.

Where do the wights get those chains? How do they attach the chains to the animal if they couldn't even swim?

Inquiring minds wants to know :confused:

+1. Don't forget Jon almost dying like 3x. One of the most fake battles we've ever seen on the show. Basically it was just a plot device to get Dany and Jon together (she is his aunt, remember)

Steve Williams

+1. Don't forget Jon almost dying like 3x. One of the most fake battles we've ever seen on the show. Basically it was just a plot device to get Dany and Jon together (she is his aunt, remember)

Tell me how he is related to her

jeff1225

Jan 29, 2012

Keith you're fake news. Dragons killing the army of the dead was awesome.

Careful, I might label you an enemy of the people.

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA
Tell me how he is related to her

it's confusing - but if you recall Bran last season had a session where he was "with" Ned Stark who heard his sister Lyanna having a baby in a tower. Lyanna was married to Rhaegar Targaryen secretly in Dorne and later died during that childbirth (after being abducted by Rhaegar which started the war that led to Baratheon defeating the "Mad King") This was also outed by Gilly in a scroll she read a few episodes ago before Sam packed up and left Oldtown.

Rhaegar is Daenarys (much) older brother. However, the Targaryans were known for incest as they wanted to keep pure bloodlines. I believe the Mad King wanted Dany to marry one of the crown princes.

the key point is that Jon Snow is a Targaryen and can marry Dany and potentially she could have children again (as alluded to several times during this episode)

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing