Game Of Thrones- Season 7

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator

DaveC

Industry Expert
Nov 16, 2014
Good premier, I knew right away all the Freys were going to die, lol... And the band of Lannisters she seems to have spared affirms Arya's still human.

The episode seemed to last 5 minutes, looking forward to next week!

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY
For all the musicologists out there, pay attention. ;)

Each of the characters have their own themes and leitmotifs. It's not just background music.

See of you can remember them all. ;)

My flutist daughter and I were talking about Game of Thrones and I never really paid attention to the music but she can sing the theme for each character!

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA
i'd give it 4/5 stars. certainly setting up the season, but nothing amazing. Jon vs Sansa the most interesting part

my guess is Arya doesn't survive this season - can't see all 3 Starks make it unscathed (and we know now that Jon is actually a Targaryan). Who Euron is off to kill should be fun.

Bobvin

VIP/Donor
Jun 7, 2014
Portland
www.purewatersystems.com
Why? Because... DRAGONS!

BobM

Feb 5, 2014
Long Island, NY
Probably the last time you will see the two rivers in the opening scenes.

Someone on another forum asked if anyone wanted a bowl of Maester stew. Ewww, gross rapid fire overplaying of they particular set of scenes, but they got the point across.

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
Ugh, I thought I had free HBO but it was more like free-trailers-you-can-already-watch-online. I don't believe there's an easy way to add HBO without a contract with my provider.... and they wonder why people pirate it. I think just about anyone would pay $5 an episode instead of giving money to the provider of the TV whatever, if HBO could deliver that way; especially people that pirate it and watch it on a computer screen. They'd have a lot more income off of it, but maybe not other shows.

Guess I'll just wait. :rolleyes: I'm not about to play the games with contracts etc, even though they're cheap.

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011
i'd give it 4/5 stars. certainly setting up the season, but nothing amazing. Jon vs Sansa the most interesting part

my guess is Arya doesn't survive this season - can't see all 3 Starks make it unscathed (and we know now that Jon is actually a Targaryan). Who Euron is off to kill should be fun.
Tyrion!

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA
Ugh, I thought I had free HBO but it was more like free-trailers-you-can-already-watch-online. I don't believe there's an easy way to add HBO without a contract with my provider.... and they wonder why people pirate it. I think just about anyone would pay $5 an episode instead of giving money to the provider of the TV whatever, if HBO could deliver that way; especially people that pirate it and watch it on a computer screen. They'd have a lot more income off of it, but maybe not other shows.

Guess I'll just wait. :rolleyes: I'm not about to play the games with contracts etc, even though they're cheap.

sure there is - you can use HBO Now OTT with AppleTV and other devices and no cable provider.

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA
well, episode 2 was worse than the first - but the last 10 minutes sorta made up for it. the playing field is certainly more even between Dany and Cersei

DaveC

Industry Expert
Nov 16, 2014
IDK... the whole Euron thing is ridiculous. He basically conjures a 1000 ship armada overnight then somehow sneaks up on Yara to the point they are ramming her ship before they know what's happening. This is just stupid and almost ruins the series imo.

Last edited:

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
The ramp up... it should start getting epic, in a hurry - why not?

I guess I'm getting HBO free now? I dunno. They changed the whole display of the guide on my service recently. Whatever is going I dunno, I'll watch it till I can't. I think maybe it lasts until August 1st... at which point I should be "hooked" with anticipation, right?

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
IDK... the whole Euron think is ridiculous. He basically conjures a 1000 ship armada overnight then somehow sneaks up on Yara to the point they are ramming her ship before they know what's happening. This is just stupid and almost ruins the series imo.

Silly twist... He actually took over the Iron Island mantel with the majority of the fleet in season 6. It just was more implied and mentioned, not seen. The unrealistic part about it is that they don't even mention that there's the strongest fleet roaming around that doesn't like them and wants to kill them. It's like, how could they not see anything, anything at all, coming? They would have at least been cautious given the gravity of the situation.

DaveC

Industry Expert
Nov 16, 2014
Silly twist... He actually took over the Iron Island mantel with the majority of the fleet in season 6. It just was more implied and mentioned, not seen. The unrealistic part about it is that they don't even mention that there's the strongest fleet roaming around that doesn't like them and wants to kill them. It's like, how could they not see anything, anything at all, coming? They would have at least been cautious given the gravity of the situation.

I think when Euron won out as King of the Iron Islands Yara took off with the great majority of the fleet and in response Euron said he'd build a 1000 ship fleet. He was basically starting from scratch and the timeline for building 1000 ships, especially with their technology, seems ridiculous.

The successful sneak attack is even more ridiculous. Huge fail...

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA
IDK... the whole Euron thing is ridiculous. He basically conjures a 1000 ship armada overnight then somehow sneaks up on Yara to the point they are ramming her ship before they know what's happening. This is just stupid and almost ruins the series imo.

At least he's a fun character and Theon's cowardice was on full display again. the books detail how his fleet pillages and plunders all the way down the coast and he actually ends up in slavers bay :)

DaveC

Industry Expert
Nov 16, 2014
Euron continues to destroy Game of Thrones. I guess this is why the actor that plays him said we'd hate him more than Ramsay Bolton by the end of the season... it's because he's ruining the story.

How did he and the Lannisters 1. know about the Unsullied attacking Castely Rock 2. Get there in time and 3. Manage another total sneak attack. Does his fleet have teleportation and invisibility powers?

And now it's (the story writing) gotten so bad I'd guess he's going to magically show up and capture John Snow on his way back north.

Not to mention the Lannisters beating the Tyrells, who are supposedly rich and powerful, wtf?

This is ridiculous.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Euron continues to destroy Game of Thrones. I guess this is why the actor that plays him said we'd hate him more than Ramsay Bolton by the end of the season... it's because he's ruining the story.

How did he and the Lannisters 1. know about the Unsullied attacking Castely Rock 2. Get there in time and 3. Manage another total sneak attack. Does his fleet have teleportation and invisibility powers?

And now it's (the story writing) gotten so bad I'd guess he's going to magically show up and capture John Snow on his way back north.

Not to mention the Lannisters beating the Tyrells, who are supposedly rich and powerful, wtf?

This is ridiculous.

A propos ......

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vo...072066/game-of-thrones-time-passes-fast-quick

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
For me the time is not so much the issue. The distance from Dragon Stone and Kings Landing differ little. The puzzling thing is how Euron's fleet got in and out of King's Landing without being spotted. It would be like the entire Russian Navy going through the Bosporus without any Turks seeing it. Of course the biggest loophole of then all is building the fleet in the first place. That would have taken YEARS. That's what it took the Spanish when they got pissed at Henry VIII. Big Boy was dead by the time they got going if I'm not mistaken.

Anyway, I'm not going to nitpick anymore even if Euron looks like a cross between young Obi and old Axl.

I've decided to just enjoy the ride :D

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing