Anybody own MBL 101 X-Treme speakers? How big is your room?

Minnesotafats

Aug 26, 2020
Room is 34 ft wide and 36 feet deep with a ceiling that peaks at 12.5 ft in the center and 8ft on the sides. The coatroom on the left side of the room lead to placing the speakers about 1.5 ft left of center in the room. Journey is just beginning as I am waiting a few months to have Jeremy show up for final placement and setup. Need to reduce some basic slap echo in such a large room. So far feel very fortunate to have these in my life. PXL_20240104_015001574.jpg PXL_20240104_014949044.jpg

Last edited:

caesar

May 30, 2010
Room is 34 ft wide and 36 feet deep with a ceiling that peaks at 12.5 ft in the center and 8ft on the sides. The coatroom on the left side of the room lead to placing the speakers about 1.5 ft left of center in the room. Journey is just beginning as I am waiting a few months to have Jeremy show up for final placement and setup. Need to reduce some basic slap echo in such a large room. So far feel very fortunate to have these in my life.

Holy Fukkkk!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats!!!!

I hope that slap echo is allowing you to enjoy them. Who did the setup if not Jeremy from MBL?

Reactions: Minnesotafats

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark
Room is 34 ft wide and 36 feet deep with a ceiling that peaks at 12.5 ft in the center and 8ft on the sides. The coatroom on the left side of the room lead to placing the speakers about 1.5 ft left of center in the room. Journey is just beginning as I am waiting a few months to have Jeremy show up for final placement and setup. Need to reduce some basic slap echo in such a large room. So far feel very fortunate to have these in my life.
Those are great dimension, MBL recommended about 10 m wide when i inquired about perfect dimensions for X-Treme. :) Did you move out of that wonderful condo you had the black MBL 101E's in ? It is nice that we finally have a WBF member with a full X-Treme setup, how can we be "Whats Best Forum" without ? :) Now MBL has to send you 2 of the new Logos so your amps are the same, the new ones look much better than the tacky "Texas belt buckle " style ones i have on my 9011 amps. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reactions: Pokey77

Minnesotafats

Aug 26, 2020
Holy Fukkkk!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats!!!!

I hope that slap echo is allowing you to enjoy them. Who did the setup if not Jeremy from MBL?
I did the initial set up with 3 movers and Jeremy coaching from the Internet. I currently have a variety of temporary absorbers placed in the back wall of the room. Jeremy will come to do the setup on my request. I want to wait until I get the rest of my system set up before he arrives.

Attachments

• PXL_20231124_154751541.jpg
    PXL_20231124_154751541.jpg
    594.7 KB · Views: 40
Reactions: Sunra

Minnesotafats

Aug 26, 2020
Those are great dimension, MBL recommended about 10 m wide when i inquired about perfect dimensions for X-Treme. :) Did you move out of that wonderful condo you had the black MBL 101E's in ? It is nice that we finally have a WBF member with a full X-Treme setup, how can we be "Whats Best Forum" without ? :) Now MBL has to send you 2 of the new Logos so your amps are the same, the new ones look much better than the tacky "Texas belt buckle " style ones i have on my 9011 amps. :rolleyes:
I am currently moving out of the condo and will be selling all my other MBL Reference and Noble gear including the MBL 101 speakers. Have had family issues that I have been dealing with...(mother with dementia)...that is slowing down the process of listing the gear.

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark
I am currently moving out of the condo and will be selling all my other MBL Reference and Noble gear including the MBL 101 speakers. Have had family issues that I have been dealing with...(mother with dementia)...that is slowing down the process of listing the gear.
Sorry to hear that, i hope you get to enjoy your new setup once in awhile !

caesar

May 30, 2010
I did the initial set up with 3 movers and Jeremy coaching from the Internet. I currently have a variety of temporary absorbers placed in the back wall of the room. Jeremy will come to do the setup on my request. I want to wait until I get the rest of my system set up before he arrives.

Please keep us posted. I am sure it's a life long dream to get this system. Enjoy for many years in great health!

caesar

May 30, 2010

Very Sorry to hear that. I hope this hobby and the music can help renew you and help you deal with the challenges.

adyc

VIP/Donor
Jan 5, 2013
Room is 34 ft wide and 36 feet deep with a ceiling that peaks at 12.5 ft in the center and 8ft on the sides. The coatroom on the left side of the room lead to placing the speakers about 1.5 ft left of center in the room. Journey is just beginning as I am waiting a few months to have Jeremy show up for final placement and setup. Need to reduce some basic slap echo in such a large room. So far feel very fortunate to have these in my life. View attachment 125301 View attachment 125302
Congratulations. 101X takes a few months to open up. You are right to ask Jeremy to setup after a few months. My pair takes 3 months to open up completely by playing them like 6 hours a day.

Minnesotafats

Aug 26, 2020
Congratulations. 101X takes a few months to open up. You are right to ask Jeremy to setup after a few months. My pair takes 3 months to open up completely by playing them like 6 hours a day.
Thank you for the affirmation. I also want to make some attempts at getting some temporary absorption in the back of the room to reduce some slap echo.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sunra

caesar

May 30, 2010
Hi Adyc,
You also own a pair?!?!?

caesar

May 30, 2010
Thank you for the affirmation. I also want to make some attempts at GG getting some temporary absorption in the back of the room to reduce some slap echo.
Why in the back of the room, out of curiosity? If it were me, I would get some room treatment pieces I can move around, and attack the wall behind the speakers first.

adyc

VIP/Donor
Jan 5, 2013
Hi Adyc,
You also own a pair?!?!?
Yes since September. I was looking for a new speaker. It was a toss between 101X and G3. I went to G3 dealer to listen to G3. The setup of G3 was very bad. I don’t trust the G3 dealer to setup properly in my room and I lack the skill and experience to setup G3. I then decided to go for 101X.

• Love
Reactions: caesar

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing