Whatever happened to Halcro?

infinitely baffled

VIP/Donor
Jul 2, 2015
Scotland
They were The Next Big Thing a few years ago, but now they barely get a mention and seem absent from WBF signatures.
Was it an example of an audio industry folly?
Unreliable reviewers and the allure of something different?

I see the power amps second hand and they just strike me as butt ugly

BruceD

VIP/Donor
Dec 13, 2013
Measured like the Second Coming:D--sounded like---never mind :mad:!

However they have been resurrected and again forthcoming from southern Australia

Good luck

BruceD

infinitely baffled

VIP/Donor
Jul 2, 2015
Scotland

However they have been resurrected and again forthcoming from southern Australia

Good luck

BruceD

Sorry Bruce, managed to overlook this last weekend. Blame the climate change thread :p

I was always intruiged by the statement that those with an understanding of the way these amps work were surprised this type of device was being used as an amplifier
Conjured up images of atom splitters,matter transmogrifiers etc.

Any (more sensible than mine) ideas what scientists or techs would traditionally use this type of device for?

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA

The DM-68s I heard at Goodwin's were easily the worst solid state to that date in that dealership. They got rid of the line - if they ever took it on - quite quickly. They had nothing to do with musicality. There are a couple of threads on Halcro here, all saying the same thing.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing