CH Precision C1

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark
Lol lagonda, you got my thoughts exactly price vs function in a way. So much easier selling 6 boxes for x than 1 box for the same amount packaged as a natural upgrade pathway. For me going down that path meant I had to upsize the happy meal, which means.... You got it! A larger rack. I have a yg rack with 8 shelves on it but not enough for another 4 boxes lol
Nice looking room ! And a lot of boxes ! Gian is going to be envious :)

Reactions: gian60

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark
Maybe the brand appeals to those well-heeled guys who love collecting dozens and dozens of pairs of designer trainers...all displayed neatly in their presentation boxes.
Or people who like good sound from solid state ;)

Reactions: lordcloud

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
Lol lagonda, you got my thoughts exactly price vs function in a way. So much easier selling 6 boxes for x than 1 box for the same amount packaged as a natural upgrade pathway. For me going down that path meant I had to upsize the happy meal, which means.... You got it! A larger rack. I have a yg rack with 8 shelves on it but not enough for another 4 boxes lol

Over a period of several years I travelled to the top of the Naim amplifier range with the NAP 500 and 552 preamp, both with their separate power supplies so four boxes before adding sources.
It was put to me that I should audition a Vitus SIA 025 which would trim the box count by three. I was decidedly unsure about it but went ahead . I was very quickly glad I had and the 025 has been giving me great pleasure for the last few years and has saved me a lot of money on power cables.
The current box count is not much different as I was then introduced to Entreq gounding, but at least they don't need power cables.
The CH box count would put me off no end but that should not be taken as any criticism of those who have chosen that route.

plasmod3

Aug 28, 2020
thanks Lagonda:) lots of metal shoe boxes on metal shelf haha - my Yeezy's limited editions. Was going to go down the msb route of 3 boxes replacing 6 but life took me another way as it were where the local distributor was most understanding there ( thanks Stuart:)) . what bugs me ins the burn in period....i was told y c1 monos are not yet fully burnt in after a yr...they need about 500 hours . thats the worst part of my audiophile journey - burning in stuff...its worse than bonsai! lol

Reactions: Lagonda

plasmod3

Aug 28, 2020
Over a period of several years I travelled to the top of the Naim amplifier range with the NAP 500 and 552 preamp, both with their separate power supplies so four boxes before adding sources.
It was put to me that I should audition a Vitus SIA 025 which would trim the box count by three. I was decidedly unsure about it but went ahead . I was very quickly glad I had and the 025 has been giving me great pleasure for the last few years and has saved me a lot of money on power cables.
The current box count is not much different as I was then introduced to Entreq gounding, but at least they don't need power cables.
The CH box count would put me off no end but that should not be taken as any criticism of those who have chosen that route.

sounds nice barry, unfortunately for the ch it needs 6 power cables for the mono system - thats almost as much as a 2nd box or if you use siltechs like i did....thinking it will bring out the best....2-3 more boxes.. i have heard great things of the vitus, great system there mate:) Curious Barry do you know how does entreq compare to say the nordost q6 or the sgs zebrano?

Barry2013

VIP/Donor
Oct 12, 2013
Essex UK
sounds nice barry, unfortunately for the ch it needs 6 power cables for the mono system - thats almost as much as a 2nd box or if you use siltechs like i did....thinking it will bring out the best....2-3 more boxes.. i have heard great things of the vitus, great system there mate:) Curious Barry do you know how does entreq compare to say the nordost q6 or the sgs zebrano?

Thanks plasmod.
I was using Nordost cables with the Naims, mainly Valhalla, but replaced them with Entreq, now mainly Apollo I nfinity i/cs and an Apollo Infinity pc on the amp. The Nordost boxes came after my move but the Valhalla power cables stiffness was a real pain.
The sound quality of the current system is way better than the Naim/Nordost rig quite apart from being much more user friendly.
I went to a show in London a couple of years ago where the Naim Statements were playing with the top of the range Focals. Despite the huge cost the sound was unmistakenly the same longstanding Naim sound. Fine if you like it but I now prefer a more nuanced sound.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
thanks Lagonda:) lots of metal shoe boxes on metal shelf haha - my Yeezy's limited editions. Was going to go down the msb route of 3 boxes replacing 6 but life took me another way as it were where the local distributor was most understanding there ( thanks Stuart:)) . what bugs me ins the burn in period....i was told y c1 monos are not yet fully burnt in after a yr...they need about 500 hours . thats the worst part of my audiophile journey - burning in stuff...its worse than bonsai! lol
My good mate Blue58 swore blind his SR Blue fuse needed 750 hours+.
Life/short.

howiebrou

Jun 29, 2012
it will be interesting to know how the c1 performs against other dacs. Not just the stock c1 ie but the c1 mono with a mono x1 power supply as well:) i always wondered lol the 6 boxes look nice but could we achieve the same in just 1 box for eg. the ch system is beautiful, love it - dont get me wrong here but there are so many boxes....and if you go the preamp you end up with another 4 boxes - either l1 mono or l10 mono . will be nice to simplify:)
I had the C1 for many faultless years. I swapped it for a Lampizator Pacific, which I prefer but I never got the C1 mono to compare. Having said that the basic C1 would be a fairer comparison to the Lampi given the price.

Reactions: christoph

plasmod3

Aug 28, 2020
So many good brands out there. I remembered 10-15yrs ago we all went crazy over the Berkeley alpha dac and that was like unobtainium to me as a poor registrar but now we have so many top brands out there it's phenomenal! I have heard so many good things on the lampi. Will be nice to do a dac shoot out, prob easier to do that in hk than in australia are there like dac parties in hk? Dacs are so easy to bring around (unless you have a Cassandra or a 6 box) and so easy to do a/B comparisons

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing