Pantheon arrived !

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Great stuff, Steve. Thanks for posting your thoughts. As you know and as you and i have discussed off-line, I have been a big fan of Gryphon for many years, and gladly put my money on Gryphon many years ago and have never looked back. Many of our fellow Asian audiophiles are familiar with their sound and their broad range of system equipment. Its nice to finally see the US get an opportunity to do so at last.

Down Under

Jun 26, 2014
They're so black!
Welcome to the dark side.........
The Pantheons require a long run in time.
Longer than any speaker I have owned.
The Colosseum is one of the most beautiful power amplifiers ever designed.
However the Antileon EVO is a much better amp and makes the Pantheons really sing.
Used with the Kalliope DAC it is easy to while away many hours without noticing that time has slipped away.

Jeffy

Apr 27, 2014
Orchard Lake, MI
Steve, I have always liked Gryphon, but I thought they were a little on the dark side. I have not heard them for at least 10 years, is this still the case?

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Not at all.

I thought the music was airy, open and very revealing. The range on this speaker was 25 Hz-50 Khz IIRC

The sound that I heard was mesmerizing and this was with the second from the bottom of the line speaker. Philip has plans next year to bring in the Trident ll as his personal speaker.

The sound of Gryphon is totally different than the Vivid Spirit that was sitting next to the speaker. I am certain that the Diablo 300 amp contributed to the sound of the speaker.

There is no doubt in my mind that Gryphon will find its dedicated listeners and users as I know Philip has already established a strong network of dealers for the product

analog brother

Jan 20, 2014
great to see gryphon has begun a new chapter in the u.s.
they are indeed, very lovingly well made.
wait till you hear the antileon evo.

mariusc

Feb 23, 2014
Johannesburg
Philip should also listen to the G1 Spirits and Gryphon gear. I've used VTL Siegfried and Halcro for a long time, but quite recently started to evaluate the Gryphon amplifiers on my Vivid G1s. I have a Pandora pre and Antileon EVO power amplifier connected. Although I like the sound, I am not ready to comment yet. All that I can say is that the Pandora is an excellent pre- amplifier, and that I now have the biggest soundstage and deepest bass ever.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Philip should also listen to the G1 Spirits and Gryphon gear. I've used VTL Siegfried and Halcro for a long time, but quite recently started to evaluate the Gryphon amplifiers on my Vivid G1s. I have a Pandora pre and Antileon EVO power amplifier connected. Although I like the sound, I am not ready to comment yet. All that I can say is that the Pandora is an excellent pre- amplifier, and that I now have the biggest soundstage and deepest bass ever.

Like you I am impressed with the Gryphon electronics

I am sure Philip will use Gryphon on his Spirit speakers if he hasn't already

LL21

Dec 26, 2010

fantastic first post! congrats and look forward to hearing about your observations when you have had a chance to listen more. enjoy.

thedudeabides

Jan 16, 2011
Alto, NM
Philip and Steve,

What's the name of the product on the carpet that the amp stand spikes go into. Saw that also in David Wilson's room.

Artesania Decoupling Discs

Philip and Steve,

What's the name of the product on the carpet that the amp stand spikes go into. Saw that also in David Wilson's room.

Dude Abides
The Artesania Decoupling Discs are available in a 2 1/2" or 4 " diameter, with a choice of neoprene or Teflon floor interface, In our experience these work extremely well under speakers as well. By decoupling the resonance from the floor, the amp or speakers deliver cleaner, better defined bass, cleaner mid-range and more extended HF. Normally you need to turn the preamp down a couple of dB to match the listening level without the decoupling discs. A tweak certainly worth trying at home.
cheers.
Philip

thedudeabides

Jan 16, 2011
Alto, NM
Philip,

Do you carry this product or know someone that does. Also what's cost per each.

Would love to try out.

Scott W

Apr 20, 2010
Texas
www.suprahifi.com
I believe the Decoupling Discs you are asking about are the Exoteryc 4". These are supplied with most of the Artesania racks, but can be purchased separately for $170 retail each.

Philip,

Do you carry this product or know someone that does. Also what's cost per each.

Would love to try out.

Scott W

Apr 20, 2010
Texas
www.suprahifi.com
We just placed a set of Artesania Exoteryc decoupling discs under each of my customers G1 speakers. We have more evaluation to do, but so far the effects are very positive. We found a bit more focused and detail clarity to the sound. Also the midbass had more impact to me.

IMG_1289.jpg
IMG_1292.JPG

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
We just placed a set of Artesania Exoteryc decoupling discs under each of my customers G1 speakers. We have more evaluation to do, but so far the effects are very positive. We found a bit more focused and detail clarity to the sound. Also the midbass had more impact to me.

View attachment 34808
View attachment 34809

Very interesting...i see on your dealer list that you are also now carrying Gryphon. Congrats on (presumably?) being one of the first dealers to be working with Phil O'Hanlon on Gryphon. Look forward to reading more about their adventures in the US market.

Scott W

Apr 20, 2010
Texas
www.suprahifi.com
I have been a dealer for Philip's products for about 15 years now and I am super excited about Gryphon. I will get my first piece around the end of this month :)

Very interesting...i see on your dealer list that you are also now carrying Gryphon. Congrats on (presumably?) being one of the first dealers to be working with Phil O'Hanlon on Gryphon. Look forward to reading more about their adventures in the US market.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
I have been a dealer for Philip's products for about 15 years now and I am super excited about Gryphon. I will get my first piece around the end of this month :)

Fantastic! Which piece?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing