USB Cable Choice

sbo6

VIP/Donor
May 18, 2014
Round Rock, TX

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
How much is the much raved about curious USB cable?
I'm still vVERY happy with my Light Harmonic LightSpeed USB cable (White split version), though.
It's more my "curious-ity" :rolleyes:

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011
How much is the much raved about curious USB cable?
I'm still vVERY happy with my Light Harmonic LightSpeed USB cable (White split version), though.
It's more my "curious-ity" :rolleyes:

The Phasure LUSH cable is the one getting the buzz now. I cant wait to test that vs an AudioBill DIY exclusive build.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
I too replaced my AQ Diamond with Totaldac USB, and I first did this compare at Elberoth's, the Tdac USB was much better, more body and bass and flow. However, some replaced the Totaldac with Sablon's unpowered USB cable and are much happier (I have not done this compare yet).

Christoph when I come to hear the Universums will bring the Totaldac USB to compare to the Lightspeed.

caliaripaolo

May 9, 2012
Italia
I too replaced my AQ Diamond with Totaldac USB, and I first did this compare at Elberoth's, the Tdac USB was much better, more body and bass and flow. However, some replaced the Totaldac with Sablon's unpowered USB cable and are much happier (I have not done this compare yet).

Christoph when I come to hear the Universums will bring the Totaldac USB to compare to the Lightspeed.

I replaced my Totaldac USB cable with Curious cable.
Much more details and deeper bass.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
I replaced my Totaldac USB cable with Curious cable.
Much more details and deeper bass.

Thanks, good to know. Wisnon, you use the Curious?

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011
Thanks, good to know. Wisnon, you use the Curious?

No...will get the LUSH and compare to the AudioBill when he sends that.
I have the Lampi unpowered and pure silver and I have some other middle of the road decent one, as well as the iFi Gemini and Mercury. Finally I have the Corning glass fibre as well, which loves the Regen.

AudioCrack has the Curious and the Audio Refine USB cables.

Audiocrack

Aug 10, 2012
No...will get the LUSH and compare to the AudioBill when he sends that.
I have the Lampi unpowered and pure silver and I have some other middle of the road decent one, as well as the iFi Gemini and Mercury. Finally I have the Corning glass fibre as well, which loves the Regen.

AudioCrack has the Curious and the Audio Refine USB cables.

Yep. In my system I prefer the Audio Refine usb so my Curious usb cable is for sale. Anyone interested?

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
Yep. In my system I prefer the Audio Refine usb so my Curious usb cable is for sale. Anyone interested?

I'm interested.
Price?
PM?

eljr

Aug 12, 2015

johndoe21ro

Oct 3, 2012
Europe
I'm still voting with AQ Diamond! You should hear it with a 216V DBS! :D

Lee

Feb 3, 2011
Alpharetta, Georgia
I'm still voting with AQ Diamond! You should hear it with a 216V DBS! :D

I have heard good results with mine. But I also find the Synergistic Galileo to be excellent.

wisnon

Dec 12, 2011
The Phasure Lush Cable is damn good, especially when you cut the power with either and adapter or special unpowered USB 3 to a Dac that does not need the 5v, even for handshake. I tested it yesterday with a pal where we rolled 5 types and it may even be the marginal favourite over the Curious Cable, which is also good. Note that its a 2m Lush vs 0.8m Curious.

Others that did well were 0.75m iFi Gemini (data only connected), Light harmoonic 1m dual cable and Lampi unpowered (mega-volt fried) USB cable. The lampi cable my friend had was easily bested by the LH cable before, but with the $200 Aubisque filter, the gap was cut so much that preference is now in the highly subjective range. All the cables did well either stock or with simple tweaks.

Legolas

VIP/Donor
Dec 27, 2015
France
The Phasure Lush Cable is damn good, especially when you cut the power with either and adapter or special unpowered USB 3 to a Dac that does not need the 5v, even for handshake. I tested it yesterday with a pal where we rolled 5 types and it may even be the marginal favourite over the Curious Cable, which is also good. Note that its a 2m Lush vs 0.8m Curious.

Others that did well were 0.75m iFi Gemini (data only connected), Light harmoonic 1m dual cable and Lampi unpowered (mega-volt fried) USB cable. The lampi cable my friend had was easily bested by the LH cable before, but with the $200 Aubisque filter, the gap was cut so much that preference is now in the highly subjective range. All the cables did well either stock or with simple tweaks.

Wisnon, I just ordered the 1.0m Lush USB cable - now I am back on the USB bandwagon! Will report back how it works on the Kassandra DAC. I have a lower grade Audioquest Cinnamon, so expecting good things.... I will check with Aries Cerat if I can break the power line, it doesn't use the power, but handshake, not sure. Where can a buy an unpowered USB3 adapter plug?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing