Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: USB Cable Choice

Addicted to Best!
    Quote Originally Posted by Audiocrack View Post
    Yep. In my system I prefer the Audio Refine usb so my Curious usb cable is for sale. Anyone interested?
    I'm interested.
    Price?
    PM?

Quote Originally Posted by speedskater View Post
    blue jeans cable
    Attachment 34434
    x2 ...........
    Cheers - Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Speedskater View Post
    Blue Jeans Cable
    Attachment 34434
    Quote Originally Posted by twitch View Post
    x2 ...........

This was my first choice but this is their full offering! and they are out of stock!!!

Plan B?

USB 3.0 Cables
    Blue jacket, type A to type B connectors
    Length Price Length Price
    3 foot 4.00 Add to Cart 6 foot 5.50 Out of stock
    "I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do."

I'm still voting with AQ Diamond! You should hear it with a 216V DBS!
    Triangle Magellan Cello 2 < AudioQuest Everest DBS 72V < BAT VK-600SE < AudioQuest Hurricane High-Current DBS 72V < AudioQuest NRG-10 DBS 72V < AudioQuest WEL XLR DBS 72V < exaSound e22 DAC w Paul Hynes SR3-12 LPS < Squeezelite w Logitech Media Server < UpTone ISORegen w USPCB A-B < AudioQuest Diamond USB DBS 216V < MacMini w UpTone DC-Conversion Kit < Omicron Harmonic Stabilizer & Gold SE/Classic < IsoTek Sigmas GII w Optimum EVO3 < Furutech FT-SWS < HiFi Tuning Supreme 3 < Solid Tech Hybrid

Quote Originally Posted by johndoe21ro View Post
    I'm still voting with AQ Diamond! You should hear it with a 216V DBS!
    I have heard good results with mine. But I also find the Synergistic Galileo to be excellent.
    Writer, Part-Time Audiophile

Tape Revox A77 Mark III
    Digital PS Audio Memory Player and DirectStream DAC
    Analog VPI Scoutmaster, Lyra Cartridge, Audio Research Ref Phono 2
    Amplification Audio Research Ref 5SE & Audio Research VT100 with KT120s/Mundorf EVO
    Speakers Magnepan 1.7s
    Cables Synergistic Research Galileo and Atmosphere UEF Level 4, Furutech Silver Arrow II phono
    Power Conditioning Synergistic PowerCell 12 UEF SE, Shunyata Denali
    Recording AKG 414 BULS mics, Sound Devices 722

Addicted to Best!
    Blog Entries
    The Phasure Lush Cable is damn good, especially when you cut the power with either and adapter or special unpowered USB 3 to a Dac that does not need the 5v, even for handshake. I tested it yesterday with a pal where we rolled 5 types and it may even be the marginal favourite over the Curious Cable, which is also good. Note that its a 2m Lush vs 0.8m Curious.

Others that did well were 0.75m iFi Gemini (data only connected), Light harmoonic 1m dual cable and Lampi unpowered (mega-volt fried) USB cable. The lampi cable my friend had was easily bested by the LH cable before, but with the $200 Aubisque filter, the gap was cut so much that preference is now in the highly subjective range. All the cables did well either stock or with simple tweaks.

Quote Originally Posted by wisnon View Post
    The Phasure Lush Cable is damn good, especially when you cut the power with either and adapter or special unpowered USB 3 to a Dac that does not need the 5v, even for handshake. I tested it yesterday with a pal where we rolled 5 types and it may even be the marginal favourite over the Curious Cable, which is also good. Note that its a 2m Lush vs 0.8m Curious.

Others that did well were 0.75m iFi Gemini (data only connected), Light harmoonic 1m dual cable and Lampi unpowered (mega-volt fried) USB cable. The lampi cable my friend had was easily bested by the LH cable before, but with the $200 Aubisque filter, the gap was cut so much that preference is now in the highly subjective range. All the cables did well either stock or with simple tweaks.
    Wisnon, I just ordered the 1.0m Lush USB cable - now I am back on the USB bandwagon! Will report back how it works on the Kassandra DAC. I have a lower grade Audioquest Cinnamon, so expecting good things.... I will check with Aries Cerat if I can break the power line, it doesn't use the power, but handshake, not sure. Where can a buy an unpowered USB3 adapter plug?
    Mac Mini Server with 12V DC Upton Audio MMK Mod and LPS feed , SSD and 16 GIG RAM, Audirvana V3 & Tital | Aries Cert Kassandra Ref II NOS DAC, Audio Note UK DAC 5 Special V2 Gone | Passive pre-amplifier | Plinius SA-103 150W Class A / AB switchable | Zingali Client Name EVO 1.2 Horn Hybrids | Velodyne DD10[/B] Sub | Metrum Aurix Headphone Amplifier | Audeze LCD4 2018 | PS Audio P10 Power Regenerator | Dedicated Mains | Audio Note DAC 4.1 heavily modded with AN UK parts | Audeze LCD2 Classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    I have heard good results with mine. But I also find the Synergistic Galileo to be excellent.
    I was able to hear the Galileo last weekend and was extremely impressed.
    https://www.audiothesis.com/

USA Distributor for North Star Design, Rosso Fiorentino, and MastersounD
    https://www.northstar.it/
    http://www.rossofiorentino.com/
    http://www.mastersoundsas.it/

Dallas Dealer for: AURALiC - Dayens - Harbeth - iFi - Marantz - Martin Logan - Parasound - Polk Audio - Sonner Audio - Triode Corporation - Usher Audio - Wireworld

Many thanks Wisnon. I just ordered it, it's a no brainer if it works (cheap).
    Mac Mini Server with 12V DC Upton Audio MMK Mod and LPS feed , SSD and 16 GIG RAM, Audirvana V3 & Tital | Aries Cert Kassandra Ref II NOS DAC, Audio Note UK DAC 5 Special V2 Gone | Passive pre-amplifier | Plinius SA-103 150W Class A / AB switchable | Zingali Client Name EVO 1.2 Horn Hybrids | Velodyne DD10[/B] Sub | Metrum Aurix Headphone Amplifier | Audeze LCD4 2018 | PS Audio P10 Power Regenerator | Dedicated Mains | Audio Note DAC 4.1 heavily modded with AN UK parts | Audeze LCD2 Classic.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast