Record Purchases

How many new and used records do you buy each month?

• 0-10

Votes: 41 71.9%
  • 10-20

Votes: 12 21.1%
  • 20-30

Votes: 3 5.3%
  • 30-40

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 40-50

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50+

Votes: 1 1.8%

• Total voters

naturephoto1

May 24, 2010
Breinigsville, PA
www.nelridge.com
My latest vinyl purchase was a "Hot Stamper" copy of:

Rich

Ptplayers

Feb 14, 2011
Finally after a few years of looking i purchased this off ebay sealed and it was delivered from England today .

And sounds freaking awesome .

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
That Cash LP is awesome! Both the music and the sonics are really good.

Dimfer

Member Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Canada
I was between 0 - 10 for a while, but this month, over a hundred

today, I went to a local lp pimp to pick a couple of Richard Clayderman albums he was giving to my wife, and ended up picking these up as well

Soundminded

Apr 26, 2012
Last spring, at a town wide garage sale I bought out an entire collection of vinyl, about 110 records for $10. Most of it was (IMO) junk I never would have payed real money for but it's the kind of pop music some people like so what the heck, if someone stops by and wants to hear some if it, it's there. Most sounded like they'd only been played once or twice. It's the stuff some people drool over I suppose. Fleetwood Mack, Elton John, Chuck Mangione. No, they're not for sale. Funny, one day down in the stacks of records in my basement I found a brand new copy of Magical Mystery Tour. I don't think it's ever been played. I have no idea where it came from. Mostly I listen to classical music, occasionally jazz, sometimes "other." If someone took a poll of how many vinyl records do you listen to a month, I'd also be in the 0 to 10 category. I prefer CDs.

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Last spring, at a town wide garage sale I bought out an entire collection of vinyl, about 110 records for $10. Most of it was (IMO) junk I never would have payed real money for but it's the kind of pop music some people like so what the heck, if someone stops by and wants to hear some if it, it's there. Most sounded like they'd only been played once or twice. It's the stuff some people drool over I suppose. Fleetwood Mack, Elton John, Chuck Mangione. No, they're not for sale. Funny, one day down in the stacks of records in my basement I found a brand new copy of Magical Mystery Tour. I don't think it's ever been played. I have no idea where it came from. Mostly I listen to classical music, occasionally jazz, sometimes "other." If someone took a poll of how many vinyl records do you listen to a month, I'd also be in the 0 to 10 category. I prefer CDs.

That's a thread crap! :p LOL!

Soundminded

Apr 26, 2012
That's a thread crap! :p LOL!

It's actually true. I hate going to these things. I get dragged to them all the time. This old lady had this reclining chair out by the curb. I went into her garage and asked her how much she wanted for it. It was also something like $10 (I couldn't get it in my car. When I got it a few days later it smelled moldy and musty from getting wet.) While I was in her garage I saw the records and asked her about them. She was moving to Florida, her kid had left them there for years. She just wanted to get rid of all of them and everything else or she would have thrown it away. If they'd been a buck apiece I'd have passed on all of them but for less than 10 cents???

Okay, here's some more of what's in there (I've dragged the boxes into my study from the next room where they've been sitting on the floor since June.) Linda Ronstadt What's new (I actually like that one) several Gordon Lightfoot (some aren't bad, most yeech), Carpenters, Sinatra, Simon and Garfunkle, Bachrach, James Taylor, Buddy Holly, Springsteen (Nebraska), Carly Simon, Carol King, Donovan, Neil Diamond, Mamas and Papas, Blood Sweat and Tears, Leslie Gore, Van Morrison, Cosby Sills Nash and Young, and assorted other 'stuff." For me it ranges mostly from elevator music to irritating. My sister asked if she could use them for disposable cake plates when she bakes a cake for someone. Quite frankly I admit I had a few of them already which I'd bought when I was very young and threw my money around carelssly. Nowadays, I'm much older and waste it with far greater thought ;)

Reactions: AvantgardeAcoustic

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing