View Poll Results: How many new and used records do you buy each month?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0-10

30 73.17%
  • 10-20

8 19.51%
  • 20-30

2 4.88%
  • 30-40

0 0%
  • 40-50

0 0%
  • 50+

1 2.44%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Record Purchases

Member Sponsor [WBF Founding Member]

Record Purchases

So let's hear from all you analog lovers how many new and used records you buy on average each month?

[WBF Founding Member] soundofvoid's Avatar
    It's a nice thing going to the vinyl shop and get lost into the displayed music.People soon start to know each other by their names,become regulars and buy music as a habbit.
    Each one coming out of the store will have at least five records under their arm whereas people going into the cd shops rush in to buy one copy!
    "Now, what will we do without the barbarians?These people were some kind of a solution..."

Member Sponsor [WBF Founding Member] Johnny Vinyl's Avatar
    I have been buying new vinyl about once every 2 weeks for the last few years. Most of it has been of the 180g variety and I've had pretty good results. There's a big hate-on for some of the UMG Back-to-Black releases on other forums, but I don't share that opinion. Sure they're not Ciscos or Quiet-X or Music on Vinyl, but then they don't come with the same pricetag either. I also buy used vinyl, but that has now dimished significantly and I only really go nuts when I go to some of the record fairs (of which there are several here).

I voted 0-10. If it were higher I'd need to find larger living quarters!

John

I go through phases. After a while not buying anything, Sometimes I went nuts and bought plenty. I just was in Berlin, and bought enough that had to buy a new suitcase to put the records in. I would say that last few months I bought about 40 to 50 records a months at least.
    I also bought a lot of duplicates...I think 10 or 12 copies of Miserere (Arvo Part) and all LP products still available on ECM New Series. Some duplicates. Last year I bought all LP records available on LEO label even though some of that music may not really be my taste now. I like to support good labels and small businesses.

Member Sponsor [WBF Founding Member]
    Quote Originally Posted by SORAsound View Post
    I go through phases. After a while not buying anything, Sometimes I went nuts and bought plenty. I just was in Berlin, and bought enough that had to buy a new suitcase to put the records in. I would say that last few months I bought about 40 to 50 records a months at least.
    I also bought a lot of duplicates...I think 10 or 12 copies of Miserere (Arvo Part) and all LP products still available on ECM New Series. Some duplicates. Last year I bought all LP records available on LEO label even though some of that music may not really be my taste now. I like to support good labels and small businesses.
    Don't you just love buying LPs in Europe. When I used to get over there on business, and before they became sooo expensive, I used to go crazy buying LPs in the UK and France!

[WBF Founding Member] vinylphilemag's Avatar
    Personal finacial situation puts me squarely in the "0-10" bracket. If cash wasn't an issue, I'd say I'd be in the 20-30 range (I'd love to buy more, but there's only so many listening hours in a month!).
    Rich Teer, Publisher
    Vinylphile Magazine

www.vinylphilemag.com

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best! audioblazer's Avatar
    I only purchased what I want now which is not very often and its seldom new. usually vintage and hard to find LPs. latest LP purchase , The Hunter, Jennifer warnes and Hope, Hugh Masakela
    original much better than re issue. I cant understd why some of us with ultra high syst is not willing to spend on original but rather buy reissue because its cheaper. If its not available and if they thk reissue is better sounding , which is seldom the case ( my opinion) , then is a different issue. I have friends who used clearaudio statemt, another 1 with humongous Krell power amp and previous top model Focal but mainly buy reissue and titles
    When I 1st started in this expensive hobby, I purchase titles I like and reissue LPs. Once I understand LP better I started buying original thru ebay and all sort of online site eg cdandlp.com, mikrokosmos.com, audiophileusa.com and was in such a rapid buying spree , that I have packages coming into my office almost everyday, so much so that my software probably cost more than my system and accumulated more than 2000+ original LP within 2 years. Almost bought everythg in Harry Pearson list, a lot of MFSL etc. Abt a year ago I got back my sanity and slowed down on the purchases. Then again I got bitten by reel to reel disease since dec, last year. Fortunately hardly any 15ips tape available

Member Sponsor [WBF Founding Member] Johnny Vinyl's Avatar
    I haven't bought any vinyl in about a month now, and I'm getting edgy........

John
    I love the smell of vinyl in the morning!
    John Adrian Spijkers - "Live Life! Leave A Legacy!"
    Dynavector DV20x2L - Genesis G7.1f - Marantz Reference PM KI Pearl - Nitty Gritty 2.5Fi - Oracle Paris Mk.V

[WBF Founding Member] vinylphilemag's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by John72953 View Post
    I haven't bought any vinyl in about a month now, and I'm getting edgy........

John
    Same here! Still, the releases of the remastered Love Over Gold in a few days gives the excuse for a mini splurge on it and the preceding two remasters (I already have the first one). I might add another to the order to take the number up to four: I like even numbers. :-)
    Rich Teer, Publisher
    Vinylphile Magazine

www.vinylphilemag.com

[WBF Founding Member] Addicted to Best! JackD201's Avatar
    These days, definitely 0-10 unlike when I got back into vinyl and was rebuilding my lost collection.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast