Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: New Release from Edward Pong; stunning sonics!

Member Sponsor [Industry Expert]
    An audiophile friend sent me this link to a fascinating film from the 1940's on Western Electric & the vacuum tube..... please have a look...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-JzxX75oYc

It looks like my vintage NOS 1956 WE300b may have come off this production line - 60 years ago & now making new recordings in 2017....!
    Ed
    Last edited by Edward Pong; 08-23-2017 at 04:03 PM.

Site Founder And Administrator Steve Williams's Avatar
    Coto De Caza, California on the 13th fairway of the south golf course

Thumbs up

It's been a few weeks since I have listened to tape and yesterday was completely mesmerized by what I heard

I have constantly put up a disclaimer that I am not classical music knowledgeable but I do love great music

I had a few friends over yesterday and they were not only interested in my system but took great interest in my Studer tape recorder and wanted to hear some of my go to tapes

For me it was a no brainer. Even though not being classical music savvy I took out the latest 3 tapes from Ed Pong at Ultraanalogue Recordings. My guests, like me, love great music but also were not classical music aficionados.

Suffice it to say my friends were glued to the listening position as I played Ed's latest 3 albums. At the conclusion, one of my guests stood up and applauded and said that he felt as close to the music as being at the live event. These 3 tapes of Ed are about as good as it gets and provided my friends with a jaw dropping experience. All are ardent audiophiles but none were prepared for what they heard.

Tape as a medium stands at the top if the heap but when you factor in the experience of listening to Ed's fabulous recordings you have to be prepared for a session that leaves you with goose bumps. These tapes are really that good. If people who have tape recorders and are looking for some amazing music to occupy their top shelf, I would say in all sincerity, look no further than Ed's library of tape recordings he has done and offers for sale. You won't be disappointed
    Steve Williams
    aka oneobgyn
    There's ALWAYS another Steve Williams BUT there's only "oneobgyn"
    Dealer Lamm Electronics
    My System

Like Steve I am not, as a rule, much of a classical music enthusiast. That said I have been an early adaptor and supporter of UltraAnalog tapes. I love to hear beautiful music played and recorded well. Every recording Ed does seems to get better and it just doesn't get any better than these last 3 tapes. There is no better example of "you are there" music than these recordings. The speakers disappear with the first note and you can easily imagine the room if you close your eyes. The sound is pure and effortless.

Do yourself a favor if you have a tape rig and try one of these out. You will love how great your system sounds.
    Bruce in PA

“One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain.”

"If I want your opinion I will give it to you" - Mark R. Levin

Site Founder And Administrator Steve Williams's Avatar
    Coto De Caza, California on the 13th fairway of the south golf course
    Quote Originally Posted by Asamel View Post
    Like Steve I am not, as a rule, much of a classical music enthusiast. That said I have been an early adaptor and supporter of UltraAnalog tapes. I love to hear beautiful music played and recorded well. Every recording Ed does seems to get better and it just doesn't get any better than these last 3 tapes. There is no better example of "you are there" music than these recordings. The speakers disappear with the first note and you can easily imagine the room if you close your eyes. The sound is pure and effortless.

Do yourself a favor if you have a tape rig and try one of these out. You will love how great your system sounds.
    Hi Bruce

Totally agree. Those last 3 tapes that Ed produced occupy my top shelf as go to demos
    Steve Williams
    aka oneobgyn
    There's ALWAYS another Steve Williams BUT there's only "oneobgyn"
    Dealer Lamm Electronics
    My System

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234