What's the view on HDMI cables impacting visual performance?

Lee

Feb 3, 2011
Alpharetta, Georgia
Just purchased a Samsung 4K UHD flat screen. Given the excellent picture quality I'm now at, I am wondering if a better HDMI cable would add something. Any thoughts? Better for video? Better for audio?

Thanks.

Mdp632

May 29, 2016
Just purchased a Samsung 4K UHD flat screen. Given the excellent picture quality I'm now at, I am wondering if a better HDMI cable would add something. Any thoughts? Better for video? Better for audio?

Thanks.

I can't speak for the Audio portion as I don't use the HDMI for audio. But, video wise I noticed better more natural colors and an overall sharper picture when I swapped my Monoprice for a Monster ISF Certified HDMI cable. I was skeptical and didn't plan on keeping it but it was worth it to me.

https://www.monsterproducts.com/Monster_Video_ISF_2000HD_Hyper_Speed_HDMI_Cable

Lee

Feb 3, 2011
Alpharetta, Georgia

jfrech

VIP/Donor
Sep 3, 2012
Austin

Sablon Audio

Industry Expert, VIP Donor
May 22, 2015
It certainly made a difference on our previous 7 year old Samsung 8000, Audioquest Pearl iirc. We have more recently moved to KS9000 (huge leap btw, even before I made a custom mains lead) and no longer need external boxes, so it is going spare if you / anyone wants it as a freebie for the cost of postage.

elescher

Member Sponsor
Sep 12, 2010
New York
My take on improving video quality is to buy a video processor (something like dvdo iscan duo) and power it with a Uptone or Vinnie Rossi battery PSU. I have found this by far the best way to get the best picture on any home screen. Endless adjustments for individual inputs and outputs.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing