Shunyata and conrad johnson

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
I have used Shunyata power cables and conditioners mostly with Audio Research electronics - IMHO an excellent match, that we can find in many discussions at audio forums. I am interested however in feedback concerning Shunyata with conrad johnson. Does any one have experience using both in the same system?

medwardo

Nov 21, 2016
Seattle area
Hi microstrip, sorry, late in my reply...just ran across your post.

Yes, I've been using Shunyata with my CJ gear for many years now. I've had limited experience with other power cords & conditioners, mostly cheaper stuff back in my younger days. What I can say is that I've been very pleased as I've moved up the product line with Shunyata and, while other PCs and conditioners may have their benefits, I've never felt a reason to try another brand. So, I'm not sure if I can be very helpful.

You can see in my signature what I'm running...I will say that the addition of the Triton & Typhon along with all Sigma power cords turned out to be a revelation for my system: no listening fatigue...just organic sounding music with filled with gobs of detail and bass and very hard to localize the speakers. I'm finally at the point where my system sounds right to me...it has taken many years and a fair amount of money to get here. My system isn't "what's best," but I am finally happy with it.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
I have used Shunyata power cables and conditioners mostly with Audio Research electronics - IMHO an excellent match, that we can find in many discussions at audio forums. I am interested however in feedback concerning Shunyata with conrad johnson. Does any one have experience using both in the same system?

Sorry, but how is the cable related to the CJ amp/pre alone, and not to the entire system, more importantly the speakers? For example, the Tara cobalt sounded great in my system and in Bill's on various components including the amp and Lampi, and when I played it on the Lampi in a third system with horns Universum and a set, it sounded extremely dark and top half cut off.

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
Sorry, but how is the cable related to the CJ amp/pre alone, and not to the entire system, more importantly the speakers? For example, the Tara cobalt sounded great in my system and in Bill's on various components including the amp and Lampi, and when I played it on the Lampi in a third system with horns Universum and a set, it sounded extremely dark and top half cut off.

Surely it is related to all the system - it is why I was happy to see all the system in medwardo "About Me" in the WBF profile section.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Surely it is related to all the system - it is why I was happy to see all the system in medwardo "About Me" in the WBF profile section.

Not trying to derail the thread. Sometimes we see other systems and can infer something - like amp match to speakers etc, to see what feedback the person is providing on the amps, for example. But I do not see how anyone can infer anything about how a cable matches to an amp by reading a person's system - I would assume the cable carries the same qualities as heard in your system, or if feedback is different, I don't see how one can infer why.

What is the difference it makes on your AR, CJ, and Lamm, would be more interesting to me at least

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
(...) What is the difference it makes on your AR, CJ, and Lamm, would be more interesting to me at least

Still too confusing to report - it is why I asked for opinions of users who already settled their own systems! :)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing