Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which Ways Connecting Headphones/Speakers To Smart Phones/Computers Has Best Sound Quality

Hi,

Hi-Res and iTunes Plus(256 kbps) AAC, which has the better sound quality? I ripped songs from my CD collections, how can I rip them in Hi-Res?

Sony has Premium Headphone Amplifier TA-ZH1ES, Premium Headphone MDR-Z1R, and Premium Walkman NW-WM1Z. Do I need to buy them all to get the Hi-Res sound quality? Or, I don't need to purchase all three of them? Or, can I use the Chord Hugo 2 with the Sony MDR-Z1R, and my iPhone 6 Plus(with songs ripped in Hi-Res format)?

Thanks.

Ed

It's going to be hard to beat the Audeze in-line DACs on their lightning connectors. A slightly more bulky option is the superb Chord mojo.
    Writer, Part-Time Audiophile

Sources PS Audio Memory Player and DirectStream DAC, VPI Scoutmaster, Lyra Cartridge, Audio Research Ref Phono 2 Amplification Audio Research Ref 5SE & Audio Research VT100 with KT120s/Mundorf EVO Speakers: Magnepan 1.7s Cables Synergistic Research Galileo and Atmosphere UEF Level 4 Power Conditioning Synergistic PowerCell 12 UEF SE, SR & Furutech NCF outlets, various SR and Shunyata ac cables, Shunyata Denali Recording AKG 414 BULS mics, Sound Devices 722

The Sony DACs are very good but a little bulky. If you can do the Hugo 2, that would be my recommendation based on listening a few times at the LA Audio Show.

Quote Originally Posted by EDLIU View Post
    Hi,

Hi-Res and iTunes Plus(256 kbps) AAC, which has the better sound quality? I ripped songs from my CD collections, how can I rip them in Hi-Res?

Sony has Premium Headphone Amplifier TA-ZH1ES, Premium Headphone MDR-Z1R, and Premium Walkman NW-WM1Z. Do I need to buy them all to get the Hi-Res sound quality? Or, I don't need to purchase all three of them? Or, can I use the Chord Hugo 2 with the Sony MDR-Z1R, and my iPhone 6 Plus(with songs ripped in Hi-Res format)?

Thanks.

Ed
    Writer, Part-Time Audiophile

Sources PS Audio Memory Player and DirectStream DAC, VPI Scoutmaster, Lyra Cartridge, Audio Research Ref Phono 2 Amplification Audio Research Ref 5SE & Audio Research VT100 with KT120s/Mundorf EVO Speakers: Magnepan 1.7s Cables Synergistic Research Galileo and Atmosphere UEF Level 4 Power Conditioning Synergistic PowerCell 12 UEF SE, SR & Furutech NCF outlets, various SR and Shunyata ac cables, Shunyata Denali Recording AKG 414 BULS mics, Sound Devices 722

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12