The 'defender of men' incoming

audiohippo

Jan 12, 2016
Australia
Alexia incoming

I have just secured the last new/sealed pair of Alexia v1's in Australia.

I plan on making the 600km (~372miles) round trip to drop-off my Sasha v2's and pickup the Alexia's next week.

Very exciting! however unfortunately I will not be able to unbox until my new room is finished, which is another 6-8 weeks.

I have enjoyed every minute with the Sasha over the last 1.5 years and I was not seeking an upgrade, but with the new version being released there was an opportunity to move up at a lower cost. The cost was not insignificant and weighing up the '$ to specification gains' just didn't add up, however I am going to take a chance and hopefully it works out.

...when I made the move from the B&W 802D2 to the Sasha v2, hitting PLAY on the first track featuring Diana Krall it was only a few notes and I knew it was the right decision. I am hoping to have the same experience with the Alexia. The Alexia better be 'kicking ass and taking names' when she struts her stuff.

Pictures to follow as the acquisition progresses.

Last edited:

Bar81

Mar 24, 2017
...when I made the move from the B&W 802D2 to the Sasha v2, hitting PLAY on the first track featuring Diana Krall it was only a few notes and I knew it was the right decision. I am hoping to have the same experience with the Alexia.

That's *exactly* what should happen again for the price difference between the two speakers - a clear and obvious across the board improvement from the moment you hit play.

MJB

Mar 10, 2013
Congratulations on your Alexias. The Ref 6, DAG S-250 and Alexias sing beautifully. Enjoy!

analog brother

Jan 20, 2014
congratulations!
those alexias were a great deal, they sure didn't last long.

btw - how much of an improvement was your ref 6 over the 5se you had previously?
i am tempted, but am in serious, deep love with my 5se.

audiohippo

Jan 12, 2016
Australia
btw - how much of an improvement was your ref 6 over the 5se you had previously?
i am tempted, but am in serious, deep love with my 5se.

No idea, Ref6 is still in the box along with all the rest of my newly acquired items. My new music room is not ready yet.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing