Shunyata Denali 2000 review

BlueFox

Member Sponsor
Nov 8, 2013
After going for a few months I have decided it is time, again, to tweak the stereo with some upgrades. As I have posted a few times, my philosophy is clean power, cables, and vibration control are the foundation of a good stereo, and the better the foundation then the better the stereo. A solid foundation allows the other gear to work at its optimum.

Although I was very happy with my system I also knew that improvements were possible, but wasn't overly anxious to try anything. Then for whatever reason, I thought, why not. Let's spend some money. LOL

Since Shunyata had just released their next generation power conditioners and cables, they were a natural upgrade path. Magico also released new spikes with vibration elimination technology, so that too was an option.

After a little thought I decided to buy another Shunyata Denali 2000 power conditioner, and the Magico SPODs. The new Shunyata Sigma cables will be next, but in a month or two. I already had a Denali 2000 I purchased for the TV in the HT, but I later learned the Denali 2000 is designed mainly for amps. It has no current limitation, and uses the noise reduction technology from Shunyata's Medical Science division.

Before today, I was using Shunyata Cyclops v2 power conditioners on my amps, and they sounded great. Certainly better than plugging the amps directly into the wall. However, I guess they did have a slight current lag, but the great noise reduction offset that. After thinking about this I decided the TV just needed the Cyclops, so I ordered another Denali to use on the stereo, and it arrived today.

I installed both Denali at 3 this afternoon, and now 6 hours later, the stereo is starting to warm up.

While I really won't be able to judge it until later tonight as the system completely warms up, the air cools down, and the ambient noise decreases, my impression now is very positive. While the music certainly seems a bit clearer, along with vocals having a better 'edge' to each word, that will have to wait until later to really judge. However, I can say that the bass is more precise and hitting. That jumped right out at me from the start. Hopefully, as the amps, and associated power cables, adjust to the Denali then things will continue to improve.

Since the SPODs are also supposed to tighten up the bass, and overall coherence, in the music then I expect these two upgrades to have an overall effect of getting new speakers. Can't complain about that. :)

The one thing I dislike about the Denali is they stand upright versus the Cyclop, which was flat on the floor. This let me place the Cyclop under the rack, while the Denali has to be on either side of the rack.

Anyway, as I gain more experience with this upgrade I will post it. I will say I have yet to be disappointed with a Shunyata product.

BlueFox

Member Sponsor
Nov 8, 2013
It is now Saturday evening, the stereo is still going, and I have been up since 6 AM Friday. I have watched some HT, and puttered around in the backyard, but no sleep yet. The music is giving me energy, lots of energy. While nice, it does mess up a weekend. :)

The only other time this has happened is when I bought my first Magico, the S5. That speaker kept me up all night more than once. I have to give credit to the Denali. I was very happy with the Cyclop performance, but I am amazed at this improvement. The fact that I can't stop listening is proof it works.

The only negative aspect is now I have started to seriously think of an interconnect and speaker cable upgrade. LOL.

ricjor1

Oct 13, 2012
I'm looking into upgrading from my Torus RM15 to either the Torus RM20 or the Shunyata Denali. I'm having two dedicated 20 amp lines installed next week. What is your overall assessment of the Denali?

BlueFox

Member Sponsor
Nov 8, 2013
I am amazed at the improvement with the Denali over the Cyclops v2. I was worried that it would be marginal compared to the cost of two, but it is worth it. I love them. Great upgrade for me.

ricjor1

Oct 13, 2012
I am amazed at the improvement with the Denali over the Cyclops v2. I was worried that it would be marginal compared to the cost of two, but it is worth it. I love them. Great upgrade for me.

Thanks. Is there anyone on this forum that has compared Torus to Shunyata?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing