Baby Driver

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
As far as movies this summer, pickings have been slim unless you want to see comic book heroes and kid's flicks. Guess that's not unusual for the summer. :)

I saw the previews for Baby Driver and pretty much immediately dismissed the movie. Then I read the reviews on Rotten Tomatoes - 98% positive for reviewers and 92% positive from users. I then figured it was worth taking a look.

I invited my wife to join me and she looked at me like I was crazy. I told her about the reviews and she said OK, bit with a little hesitation. So, we head off to the theater.

I have to tell you that this was a great movie - action packed but with some interesting character development. Baby Driver is a young man who drives get away cars for robberies cooked up by the " criminal mastermind" Kevin Spacey. Spacey was great in this role.

Jamie Foxx plays a robber as does John Hamm. Ansel Egort plays the role of Baby and Lily James is his girl friend.

This movie moved fast and was never boring - easily passed my watch test - I never checked the time at all.

As we were walking out of the theater my wife commented that she thought the movie could be a cult classic. Honestly, the same thought was going through my mind as she spoke the words.

Baby Driver is definitely worth checking out in my opinion.

Edit - almost forgot - super sound track as pop music is a primary theme in the movie.

Last edited:

MadFloyd

Member Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Mass
Coincidentally I pre-ordered the UHD bluray today based on solid word of mouth. Looking forward to it.

853guy

Aug 14, 2013
Really looking forward to this.

Love Edgar Wright.

Love they shot without VFX.

Love they shot without multiple cameras.

Love they timed out the beats of the car chase scenes to match the beats of the tracks.

Love Jamie Foxx and John Hamm and Kevin Spacey.

Will I love the film? Probably, right? I'll let you know.

853guy

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Coincidentally I pre-ordered the UHD bluray today based on solid word of mouth. Looking forward to it.

Kind of the way most order audio gear

jazdoc

Member Sponsor
Aug 7, 2010
Bellevue
A great summer movie.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
we saw it this afternoon.

Terrific film

We loved the roles by John Hamm and Jamie Foxx but how many of you recognized Paul Williams as the corrupt cop in the white suit that was dealing arms and munitions

The sound track playing in unison with the car chase scenes is genius

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing