Audio Research Trade Up Program

Philb7777

Mar 11, 2013
Anyone know details on the Audio Research Trade Up Program? It is running from June 15 - July 31, 2017. You can trade up your current Audio Research gear and get a trade in value of up to 75% of MSRP. I am wondering, does your gear go directly to Audio Research or does the Audio Research dealer take it for resale? I've got a Ref 5se and Ref Phono 2se with around 1800 hours on them and I'm curious what I can get in trade in for a Ref 6 and Ref 3. Just wondering how this exactly works as I have no local Audio Research dealer anymore.

http://audioresearch.thehouseofmouse.it/en-us/company/trade-in-to-trade-up-program

Thanks for any additional info anyone can give.

Last edited:

tdh888

Nov 4, 2010
Philippines
According to one forum the product being traded up must be significantly more expensive than the product being traded in. The guy wanted to trade in his Phono 2 SE for the new Phono 3 but the dealer replied that if his trading in his Phono 2 SE , he should trade up to the REF Phono 10. The dealer would accept its trade in value of 75% of the original MSRP.

Philb7777

Mar 11, 2013
According to one forum the product being traded up must be significantly more expensive than the product being traded in. The guy wanted to trade in his Phono 2 SE for the new Phono 3 but the dealer replied that if his trading in his Phono 2 SE , he should trade up to the REF Phono 10. The dealer would accept its trade in value of 75% of the original MSRP.

I think that is correct. From additional info I found out here is how it works:

As far as sending the product back to ARC, the dealer has the option to keep it or send it back. Either way, a customer can get it up to 75% of MSRP.

The way it works is that you can upgrade preamp to preamp, and phono to phono. The new ARC product must cost at least the MSRP of your original piece + the 75% you're getting for it. So that would eliminate, for example, a Ref 5se owner moving up to a Ref 6. A Ref 10 would be the only preamp one could trade up to in that system.

tdh888

Nov 4, 2010
Philippines
The REF300 , 600 , 610T & 750 dont qualify as well .

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing