Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Synergistic atmosphere field generators

VIP/Donor [VIP/Donor]
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    I came into this skeptical and Ted had even thrown me out of the demo room at RMAF four years ago .
    I wasn't "thrown out" of his demos --but was ushered out the door after I questioned --politely-- the "apparent workings" of what I'd just heard --

Sorry to be a Party Pooper-and while I appreciate you heard improvements that merited your purchases, fair enough and I recognise your enthusiasm

--my opinion was/ still is the opposite of the products and "sonic improvements"

I'm with Keith R--- I ---found they did/do zilch

BruceD

No one wants to admit they pump noise into something, in order to get the results audiophiles want and believe are lower noise....

And when you start asking, well...
    Industry Affiliation: Folsom

Addicted to Best!
    A skilled Ham radio operator should be able to tell what the box is transmitting.

But it works (or doesn't work) a lot like noise cancelling headphones and loudspeakers. Noise cancelling headphones work rather well. Noise cancelling speakers work OK for one listener with their head in a fixed position, like a car's driver's seat. But in a room with more than one listening position, they don't work at all.
    Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by Folsom View Post
    No one wants to admit they pump noise into something, in order to get the results audiophiles want and believe are lower noise....

And when you start asking, well...
    Apparently you did not read my post? Do you understand how dither works in digital systems? My perception is that the Synergistic products increase resolution, especially low level resolution responsible for soundstage reproduction and ambience retrieval.
    Barrows

Product Design/Build Consultant with Sonore

sonore.us

Yes, they do all of that. It is by creating a lot of RF in a spectrum that doesn't cause other problems. Certain ranges of RF tend to sound bad, others do exactly what you describe. Either way it's a pretty impossible "sell", so no one claims it.

Measurements show it, too. All known electronics knowledge support it. But most people stand around scratching their heads because if something 'positive' happens, how can it come from something traditionally 'negative' in engineering terms? Well it isn't hard to figure out. First off the positive isn't accurate to real life, but helps give some things back that were taken while recording. In general, with live music that is acoustic, you NEVER get the level of "resolution", detail, or "imaging" that you can with a stereo. Sounds and our ears simply do not exist that way. It's because that low level information is trumped by the actual music itself. However the scale tends to be helped by RF as well, which is often a problem. The panning location is helped too, which can often be soft without a natural environment; and so forth. It gives us qualities we may want, by a different means than you'd expect.

The RF is "retrieving" lower information because it makes voltage growth occur, so the really tiny stuff gets bigger. This also has been measured in various forms, many times. Imagine feeding a tiny pure line through an audio piece of equipment, and grafting a signal to it. Now imagine feeding a fat line through it, that is a skinny line in the middle but looks fat because it has a lot of small RF on it that's high enough in frequency you can't really tell it isn't just a fat line... now graft a signal onto it. That is a complex thing, with many other elements, but should give you a sense of what occurs.

There is nothing wrong with it. It is what it is, and many people enjoy it. The biggest issue is that most people don't understand that rfnoise isn't audible 99% of the time by itself, but the effect it has is... Everyone is under an extremely false belief that they "hear" the noise in the playback (rfnoise & enoise), and not the abberational effects of it (which is what you do hear). Because of that, it's nearly impossible to be truthful about what you're doing with lots of cables, grounding boxes, etc. People won't stand for it because conceptually it's too much for them. For them, RF means the radio in the car, and that's all.

Addicted to Best!
    Well digital is one thing and analog is another!
    That explanation just doesn't fly. There is no real added definition.

But sometimes a small amount of the right background noise does seem to add sparkle and apparent definition.

But how this box would do that is unclear. Just adding RFI isn't going to cut it.
    Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by Speedskater View Post
    Well digital is one thing and analog is another!
    That explanation just doesn't fly. There is no real added definition.

But sometimes a small amount of the right background noise does seem to add sparkle and apparent definition.

But how this box would do that is unclear. Just adding RFI isn't going to cut it.
    I can't explain each and every individual piece...

But, you are wrong, RFI is plenty.

Quote Originally Posted by Mdp632 View Post
    I wonder if he could ever provide the patent numbers on some of his stuff. Probably not but he will continue to market "patent pending " ..

No doubt his products change he sound some what but he can't objectively describe why. What the hell is an electromagnetic cell to condition the power ? If his IP is so great why not Patent it ?

As for the reviewers that swear by his stuff. You'd swear it was a good value as well if you were getting the product for a substantial discount if not free.

Just a modern day PT Barnum
    Well in fact, he does have some patents.

US 8,737,632 B2 is for his "gong bowl resonators". The pdf was easily found using google patents
    Denney, III (45) Date of Patent: May 27, 2014

His most recent patents (Aug 2017) were for "acoustical paint", also easily found in Google patents
    Publication number
    US9732234 B2
    US 14/936,465
    Publication date
    Aug 15, 2017
    Filing date
    Nov 9, 2015

I've said before I wasn't a fan of his UEF 12 AC power regulator, but I can't criticize the fact that he does indeed have some patented technology.

I stand corrected. I wasn't aware he had patents.

VIP/Donor [WBF Founding Member] ack's Avatar
    I just read patent 8,737,632 - good to know one can a get a patent based on groundless claims, as long as no one else has done that, and as long as it's presented in a semi-credible way. Nice.
    Sources: mod. VPI Aries 3;mod. JMW 10.5i/Ortofon A90;mod. Pass XP-25;Spectral 3000SL xport/mod. Alpha DAC;mod. Magnum Dynalab Etude;mod. Revox B-77II Amplification: Spectral DMC-30SV/DMA-400RS Speakers: Heavily mod. MartinLogan (custom Mundorf xover, cabling, woofers; structural mods);mod. REL Cabling: MIT Oracle 50ic,MA-X/Oracle 90.1 Power: MIT Z-Strip, Magnum Z-Trap; Shunyata Black Mamba CX HC cords, Typhon Tweaks: EAR Isodamp c1002 References: Live unamplified music
    System link WBF

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast