Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Synergistic atmosphere field generators

Addicted to Best!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Seems like we are splitting hairs in a way here. If radio waves change the sound field is that really noise?
    If RF waves are noise, then I guess it could be yes.
    Anything that is not part of the original signal is noise or distortion. Now it seems that some audiophiles in some situations enjoy some added noise/distortion, so in those cases we could consider it euphoric coloration.

If RF waves are lowering the noise in the room, then I suppose the answer could be no.
    As a retired broadcast engineer (and a short time in commercial antenna manufacturing) I wonder how that is possible ?
    Kevin

Here is a RMAF show report I did on Synergistic. This was one of the better sounding systems at the show I thought.

https://parttimeaudiophile.com/2017/...ing-the-goods/
    Writer, Part-Time Audiophile

Tape Revox A77 Mark III
    Digital PS Audio Memory Player and DirectStream DAC
    Analog VPI Scoutmaster, Lyra Cartridge, Audio Research Ref Phono 2
    Amplification Audio Research Ref 5SE & Audio Research VT100 with KT120s/Mundorf EVO
    Speakers Wilson Alexia 2
    Cables Synergistic Research Galileo and Atmosphere UEF Level 4, Furutech Silver Arrow II phono
    Power Conditioning Synergistic PowerCell 12 UEF SE, Shunyata Denali
    Recording AKG 414 BULS mics, Sound Devices 722

Quote Originally Posted by Speedskater View Post
    Anything that is not part of the original signal is noise or distortion. Now it seems that some audiophiles in some situations enjoy some added noise/distortion, so in those cases we could consider it euphoric coloration.

As a retired broadcast engineer (and a short time in commercial antenna manufacturing) I wonder how that is possible ?
    1. The HFTs are not adding any colorations. They are room treatment devices, effectively an electrical version of acoustic panels.

2. UEF technology changes the air flowing over a panel. So strategically placing the devices on a wall or speaker can open the sound up by eliminating acoustic problems.

Tape Revox A77 Mark III
    Amplification Audio Research Ref 5SE & Audio Research VT100 with KT120s/Mundorf EVO
    Speakers Wilson Alexia 2
    Cables Synergistic Research Galileo and Atmosphere UEF Level 4, Furutech Silver Arrow II phono

"Anything that is not part of the original signal is noise or distortion. Now it seems that some audiophiles in some situations enjoy some added noise/distortion, so in those cases we could consider it euphoric coloration."

Speed, so in these terms, dither in a digital system would be considered noise/distortion. But, dither actually results in higher resolution (this is proven and accepted digital theory). Dither does not result in added coloration or euphonic distortion.

(some, I have not used them all) Synergistic products like the Powercell UEF, do result in increased resolution, the Powercell UEF does not add color, or something additional to the perception of music, it strips away problems which allows the listener to hear deeper into the noise floor. This result is indisputable, and anyone who tries will have the same result.

Just because you do not understand the mechanism by which it works, does not mean it does not work. I do not understand it either, but I am thinking it may work in a similar fashion to dither, or perhaps, it adds a noise component which is in the inverse to noise prevalent on AC power, resulting in some cancellation.

In any case, the Powercell UEF does result in increased resolution, this is not debatable, one can hear details which were not present without it, not added color, actual detail. This perception is not to subject to any bias, as the details were not there before, a bias cannot make previously unheard details audible.

I have no experience of Synergistic products adding a "color" (tonality shift). In terms of adding color, say a warm sounding tube amp, for example: this amp will add the same color to all music, it will make Aaron Copland (listening to now) warmer, and it will make Nine Inch Nails warmer. Synergistic products do not do this. Synergistic products do not create a tonal shift which effects all music the same way. Synergistic products give you more of what any music is offering, Nine Inch Nails gets edgier, more dynamic, and more spatially defined, etc.
    Barrows

Product Design/Build Consultant with Sonore

sonore.us

I might also mention to SpeedSkater that I am a recording engineer and we recently used the HFT devices on AKG C414 mics to good success. We are always looking to upgrade the sound we are getting.

SR will soon post files with the SR listening room recorded both with and without these devices so people who can't attend a demo can hear for themselves.

Tape Revox A77 Mark III
    Speakers Wilson Alexia 2

Quote Originally Posted by barrows View Post
    In any case, the Powercell UEF does result in increased resolution, this is not debatable, one can hear details which were not present without it, not added color, actual detail. This perception is not to subject to any bias, as the details were not there before, a bias cannot make previously unheard details audible.
    My experience as well.

Tape Revox A77 Mark III
    Speakers Wilson Alexia 2

VIP/Donor [VIP/Donor] microstrip's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by barrows View Post
    (...) Just because you do not understand the mechanism by which it works, does not mean it does not work. (...)
    Surely - this applies to most high-end equipment and could be part of the definition of "tweak"!

Some people have this reductionist approach to sound reproduction - they refuse to use any think they do not fully understand. I have tried assembling a system strictly following this rule in the past, and could get a decent sounding system, but nothing else.
    DCS Vivaldi 2.0 stack, SoundLab A1 Px, Forsell Air Force One, ARC Phono 2SE, cj GAT 2, cj ART monoblocks , TA OPUS MM2 IC's and sp, TA XL digital, TA XL gen V power cables, CenterStage footers and Nordost Qkore8's!

Quote Originally Posted by microstrip View Post
    Surely - this applies to most high-end equipment and could be part of the definition of "tweak"!

Some people have this reductionist approach to sound reproduction - they refuse to use any think they do not fully understand. I have tried assembling a system strictly following this rule in the past, and could get a decent sounding system, but nothing else.
    Well said.

Tape Revox A77 Mark III
    Speakers Wilson Alexia 2

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    1. The HFTs are not adding any colorations. They are room treatment devices, effectively an electrical version of acoustic panels.

2. UEF technology changes the air flowing over a panel. So strategically placing the devices on a wall or speaker can open the sound up by eliminating acoustic problems.
    The concept is good, but Kevin (speedskater) simply used a poor description. The RF doesn't cause what audiophiles call coloration. Coloration is mostly current restriction when it happens, which is the antithesis to what audiophiles believe is related to coloration, but that isn't the point.

The RF noise causes elongation of voltage, so it doesn't typically look a lot like distortion since the time domain doesn't seem to change at an appreciable level.

For certain, if something works, go with it. But if you want to know why, and how to reason it, I'll do what I can to help (even when you hate the answer).
    Industry Affiliation: Folsom

Quote Originally Posted by Folsom View Post
    For certain, if something works, go with it. But if you want to know why, and how to reason it, I'll do what I can to help (even when you hate the answer).
    I very much welcome any insight you can provide Folsom.

Tape Revox A77 Mark III
    Speakers Wilson Alexia 2

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456