I mean really?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p60p...ature=youtu.be

why do I want antennas in my system?

Addicted to Best!
    OMG!

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Whip View Post
    OMG!
    +1
    I have a hard time with Synergistic Research for two reasons. First, Jon Valin and Peter Bruenniger like that stuff, which makes me suspicious. But, open minded as I am , I bought their latest power conditioner, the UEF 12 and their whiz bang AC power cord last August. Try as I might, I thought it sucked. Got rid of it after a month. Its putative Schuman resonance cancellation and other magic mystery juice failed to make anything sound better in comparison to no filtering at all. Plug your stuff directly into some good AC and spend your money elsewhere.

Addicted to Best!
    It is amazing how many SR videos are on Peter's site.

VIP/Donor [VIP/Donor]
    Quote Originally Posted by marty View Post
    +1
    I have a hard time with Synergistic Research for two reasons. First, Jon Valin and Peter Bruenniger like that stuff, which makes me suspicious. But, open minded as I am , I bought their latest power conditioner, the UEF 12 and their whiz bang AC power cord last August. Try as I might, I thought it sucked. Got rid of it after a month. Its putative Schuman resonance cancellation and other magic mystery juice failed to make anything sound better in comparison to no filtering at all. Plug your stuff directly into some good AC and spend your money elsewhere.
    I agree Synergistic is damn near pure Snake oil--I've heard show demos with their stuff--frankly no difference with the "tweaks" installed/out /etc.

The last time was those ball bearing like objects you place around the Room(?)--they did absolutely Nix--$$'s down the toilet if you were so inclined to indulge.

I actually picked up a couple of the smallish silver "balls" and one of the nasty salesmen grabbed them from my hand with a snarl

--totally with Marty--their stuff --and their attitude suck BIG time.

BruceD

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best! GaryProtein's Avatar
    Chief designer? the announcer really means chief story teller.

I don't know how that guy can describe the products with a straight face.

This is just more stuff from the company that brought you the emperor's new clothes.
    Last edited by GaryProtein; 06-26-2017 at 04:53 PM.
    Listening Room: McIntosh C46, MCD500, MR78, MPI4, MC602 (2), Accuphase DG58, Pass Labs XVR1 (three-way), tri-amplified Infinity IRS Series V, TailTwister T2X rotator, AtlasSound FMA Rack, dedicated electrical sub-panel, boarded up fireplace, NO TV!

Living Room: McIntosh C28, MC2300, MEN220, Revox B226, Tascam CD355, Thorens TD125 MKII w/vacuum platter, Rabco SL-8E, Grace F9-Ruby, McIntosh ML-2C (2) & ML-1C (4) stacked, MQ-107, SAE 2800, Nakamichi Dragon, Tandberg 64X, JL Audio f113 (2)

VIP/Donor [WBF Founding Member] ack's Avatar
    If he still in business, then all that means is that some audiophiles can be quite gullible. I have Ted D and Peter B in the same bucket
    Sources: mod. VPI Aries 3;mod. JMW 10.5i/Ortofon A90;mod. Pass XP-25;Spectral 3000SL xport/mod. Alpha DAC;mod. Magnum Dynalab Etude;mod. Revox B-77II Amplification: Spectral DMC-30SV/DMA-400RS Speakers: Heavily mod. MartinLogan (custom Mundorf xover, cabling, woofers; structural mods);mod. REL Cabling: MIT Oracle 50ic,MA-X/Oracle 90.1 Power: MIT Z-Strip, Magnum Z-Trap; Shunyata Black Mamba CX HC cords, Typhon Tweaks: EAR Isodamp c1002 References: Live unamplified music
    System link WBF

Actually it all really works. The thing that is almost every single thing adds bandwidth controlled noise instead of removing it. Basically all their stuff does the total opposite of what it says it does. That might be a sound you like, it might not. There is no shortage of limited bandwidth noise appreciation among maybe even the majority of members here. The only shortage of people is those willing to consent to the reality of whether what they like is from noise, instead of removing it. I don't think there is anything in the world wrong with someone appreciating what limited bandwidth noise can do for their enjoyment. I don't personally use it, as I'm going for a polar opposite in a direction that hasn't really been explored enough/much.

The most impressive thing to me, since I don't care for the subjective value of their gear, is the make-believe-techno-babble. It's just non-sense. That guy doesn't know anything that the foremost leaders in electronics don't know, but he talks like he's invented a new world of physics.
    Industry Affiliation: Folsom

Quote Originally Posted by Folsom View Post
    The most impressive thing to me, since I don't care for the subjective value of their gear, is the make-believe-techno-babble. It's just non-sense. That guy doesn't know anything that the foremost leaders in electronics don't know, but he talks like he's invented a new world of physics.
    He's hardly alone in spewing techno-babble in high end audio. But he seems to have a Ph.D in this whereas other seem to have a Masters or a lowly Baccalaureate. My favorite was regarding their UEF 12 Power Conditioner which claimed that due to their "special" technology, one could actually deliver more power to one's gear, than the power provided by the AC coming into their unit. Caveat emptor.

Has anyone used their active shielded cables - I have built DIY versions for power cables and it really does work IMO ( I used 12v dc on active and neutral and weirdly the polarity did matter even thought it is AC) - I have done blind tests with others and it was pretty clearly positive - sadly the mercuy vapour valve power supply with unobtanium tubes that was the top end offer sounded pretty dodgy as does the gear outlined in posts but there are possibly positives that are achieved but for less esoteric reasons

cheers,

Phil

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast