test
test
test
test
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 18 of 18

Thread: A1 or M1 for Rockport Avior

  1. #11
    I never tried A1 mono vs M1 stereo

    I compare A1 stereo vs A1 mono and mono is better in weight,dynamic and fast,and the incredible thing is that you can biamp in passive way.
    For example if your speaker can biamp or biwiring you can use A1 mono to use one channel for low and other channel for mid/high and you can select the gain of the amp for every channel,so if the sound is little dark you can increase the gain of mid/high

    So i think A1 mono is better of M1 stereo

  2. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by gian60 View Post
    I never tried A1 mono vs M1 stereo

    I compare A1 stereo vs A1 mono and mono is better in weight,dynamic and fast,and the incredible thing is that you can biamp in passive way.
    For example if your speaker can biamp or biwiring you can use A1 mono to use one channel for low and other channel for mid/high and you can select the gain of the amp for every channel,so if the sound is little dark you can increase the gain of mid/high

    So i think A1 mono is better of M1 stereo
    Thanks for sharing, but unfortunately my speaker doesn't allow bi-amp

  3. #13
    VIP/Donor [VIP/Donor] jep123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    143
    Quote Originally Posted by nickif View Post
    Hi JP, your setup looks awesome! I've heard lot good things about Absolare but it's difficult to get an audition here in HK.
    Thanks. Send Kerem/Absolare an email and ask for a dealer in HK. Or a good customer of Kerem. But this is a CH thread and their products are very, very good. My experience with Rockport are with Absolare, go ahead with CH if that is your choice. You cannot go wrong either way. Good luck.

    JP
    My system:
    Absolare Integrated Signature, CH Precision C1/D1/X1, Aurender N 10, Echole Orius cables. Kaiser Kawero Classic speakers.

  4. #14
    I went to the showroom to audition CH A1 stereo powering Wilson benesh speakers 2 days ago, front end is CH D1+C1+L1, the sound is smooth, crystal clear on the top end but a bit lean and cold in tone color. Not to my liking very much I'd say. Hence I decided to try something else as well, tried soulution, nagra, so far I'm sold to Nagra. The classic amps in bridge mode as mono powering the same speakers, the sound was warm, transparent and somehow much more engaging than the A1, very seductive.

  5. #15
    VIP/Donor [VIP/Donor] jfrech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Austin
    Posts
    1,337
    Quote Originally Posted by nickif View Post
    I went to the showroom to audition CH A1 stereo powering Wilson benesh speakers 2 days ago, front end is CH D1+C1+L1, the sound is smooth, crystal clear on the top end but a bit lean and cold in tone color. Not to my liking very much I'd say. Hence I decided to try something else as well, tried soulution, nagra, so far I'm sold to Nagra. The classic amps in bridge mode as mono powering the same speakers, the sound was warm, transparent and somehow much more engaging than the A1, very seductive.
    Nagra is making some great sounds with their current line up !
    Speakers: Rockport Altair 2
    Preamp: Robert Koda K10
    Amp: Nagra HD Amps
    Cables: Transparent Opus Gen 5 & Magnum Opus phono
    Power Transparent Opus, Opus Source Power Cords & Opus Power Isolators
    Power Shunyata DPC-6 v2
    Digital dCS Vivaldi full stack w/ Transparent Reference XL Digital cables
    Phono: Grand Prix Monaco TT, Spiral Groove Centroid, Clearaudio Goldfinger Statement v2, Nagra VPS/VFS/MPS
    Racks: Grand Prix Audio Silverstone F1

  6. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by jfrech View Post
    Nagra is making some great sounds with their current line up !
    +1

  7. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by jfrech View Post
    Nagra is making some great sounds with their current line up !
    gonna listen to these tomorrow, looking very much forward to!

    Name:  IMG_0239.JPG
Views: 63
Size:  135.1 KB

  8. #18
    Member Sponsor Addicted to Best! Elberoth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    1,715
    Quote Originally Posted by jfrech View Post
    Nagra is making some great sounds with their current line up !
    +2

    One of my all time fav hifi brands!
    Adam

    Speakers: Magico M3
    Amp: MSB M202
    Digital: Lampi Golden Gate DSD only + Lampi DSD Komputer server
    Cables: AudioQuest WEL Signature IC / Shunyata Anaconda Z-Tron SC

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Rockport Avior - thoughts and opinion?
    By joey_v in forum Rockport Technologies Speaker Forum
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: Yesterday, 05:03 AM
  2. Avior versus Ankaa
    By EleanorD in forum Rockport Technologies Speaker Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-10-2015, 06:56 AM
  3. Avior
    By wizard in forum Rockport Technologies Speaker Forum
    Replies: 97
    Last Post: 06-14-2014, 06:30 PM
  4. Who likes the Avior?
    By Skip in forum Rockport Technologies Speaker Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-03-2013, 07:20 AM
  5. New Rockport Avior and Mira II in Southern CA available for audition
    By cakeaudio in forum Rockport Technologies Speaker Forum
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 08-24-2013, 11:24 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •