Artistic Short Films | Animations, Dramas, Romances, Avant-Garde, Fashion, Sci-Fi, Fantasies, | Jazz

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada

I watched this earlier. Some of you are going to recognize one of the actresses (favorite of mine), or even both.
I like the music score, smooth (except for the 'sprinkler' scene).
It's a short film, fashion style, with a short story, nothing exceptional, just well photographed, visually pleasing, played/acted well and musically relaxing.
She Said, She Said (2013) ... witty.

There are many short films that are fantastic, we don't pay attention to them. I thought that it would be nice to have some of the best and favorite short films in one thread.

If some you like, your favorites, some of the best, well, here's the thread. Every year @ the Oscars there is a Short Films category.
The range is broad and encompasses foreign short films from all over the world, including animated ones.

Also, on video media, like Blu-ray, from Disney PIXAR best short animations; I'm sure like me that you have your favorites.

jazdoc

Member Sponsor
Aug 7, 2010
Bellevue
Bear Story is one of the best movies I've ever seen...

DIRECTOR'S STATEMENT

My grandfather, Leopoldo Osorio, was detained on 1973, during Pinochet’s dictatorship in Chile.
He was incarcerated for two years, after which he fled to England, forced to live in exile and be apart from his family.
During my childhood I felt the invisible presence of an absent grandfather, who was not dead, but was not present in my life.
Bear Story is not about the life of my grandfather, but it is inspired by his absence and the mark it left on me.
Bear Story leaves some questions unanswered. What happened to the bear’s family? Where are they? These are the same questions that thousands of families ask themselves, who up to this day still don’t know where their loved ones ended up. I hope these questions never need to be asked again.
This short film is the result of over two years of hard work. Some of the best Chilean animators and artists came together to make it happen.
I sincerely hope that Bear Story reminds the audience of their loved ones and their significance in their lives.

Gabriel Osorio.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing