Thread: What are some of the most comfortable headphones for extended listening?

What are some of the most comfortable headphones for extended listening?

What are some of the most comfortable headphones for those extended listening sessions?

Quote Originally Posted by caesar View Post
    What are some of the most comfortable headphones for those extended listening sessions?
    AQ NightHawk, B&O H4, Beyer DT770/T1/T90, Bose QC35, Sennheiser HD800, Sonus Faber Pryma. I selected these from a list of around 150, and I didn't include headphones that are OK for me, but a very snug fit that could be a problem for a lot of users. Examples of those are the v-moda M100 and Wireless-2, the B&W P7, Beyer DT1770 pro, Sennheiser HD380/Momentum etc. The Focal Elear is a possibility, but I don't remember if the earpads were generously roomy or snug.
    AudioQuest NightOwl, Shinola Canfield On-Ear, Senal SMH1200, Beats Solo3 BT, Apple Airpods, DragonFly Red/Oppo HA2/Meridian Explorer2 DAC/amps.

Addicted to Best! The Smokester's Avatar
    I have used the Focal Utopias for long listening sessions without issues, despite them being heavier than average.

AKG 702 and HD800 are my lightest and most comfortable headphones.

The Stax Sr-009 and SR L700 headphones are very comfortable for hours.

House of marley smile jamaica is the best earphone for comfortable, check more about it- Best earphones under 1500

The Sennheiser HD598 is the most comfortable headphone I've worn. While it isn't the last word in detail, the sound is engaging and the fatigue is literally nonexistant. They are light, sit comfortably on the head, provide just enough pressure to stay secure but not vice your head, and are open back giving you air flow. I also have a pair of the Sennheiser HD6XX from Massdrop and while they are better headphones, I still prefer the fatigue-less experience of the 598.

When I went shopping for the 598, I was looking specifically for a balance leaning towards comfort over performance. After wearing around 100 headphones, the 598 were in a league all their own for me. YMMV

PS - I have semi-large ears.
    https://www.audiothesis.com/

USA Distributor for North Star Design, Rosso Fiorentino, and MastersounD
    https://www.northstar.it/
    http://www.rossofiorentino.com/
    http://www.mastersoundsas.it/

Dallas Dealer for: AURALiC - Dayens - Harbeth - iFi - Marantz - Martin Logan - Parasound - Polk Audio - Sonner Audio - Star Sound Technologies - Triode Corporation - Usher Audio - Wireworld

Addicted to Best!
    Quote Originally Posted by DSkip View Post
    The Sennheiser HD598 is the most comfortable headphone I've worn. While it isn't the last word in detail, the sound is engaging and the fatigue is literally nonexistant. They are light, sit comfortably on the head, provide just enough pressure to stay secure but not vice your head, and are open back giving you air flow. I also have a pair of the Sennheiser HD6XX from Massdrop and while they are better headphones, I still prefer the fatigue-less experience of the 598.

When I went shopping for the 598, I was looking specifically for a balance leaning towards comfort over performance. After wearing around 100 headphones, the 598 were in a league all their own for me. YMMV

PS - I have semi-large ears.
    Wow! 100 headphones! That is some auditioning! I own the Sennheiser 650s and sometimes will wear them for several hours while working. Extremely comfortable indeed.
    Speaker: Wilson X1 + Velodyne DD18+
    Source: Zanden 4-Box Digital
    Amp: CJ GAT2 + Gryphon Colosseum
    Cable: TA Opus Gen5&MM2 + PAD 25th Sablon GCUber
    Isolation Sandwiches: Under: HRS.Stillpoints.Auralex Top: HRS.Artesania.Entreq.EAT.90kg Mass Damping
    Power/Ground&Shield: 7 x 16A Furutech . Burmester948 . NordostQX4 / Tripoint Troy Sig+Thor . Entreq Atlantis/Receivus/Everest/Wrap
    Room/Tube: Stillpoints Apertures / Amperex.Mullard
    Headphone: Sennheiser 650 . Arcam rHead . ApogeeGroove

My Stax are pretty comfortable, but so far, the most comfortable headphones and beautifully built are the Sony Z7 and Z1R. Sonically, they are both wonderful as well, with the Z1R having the extra high cost for extra refinement. The Z7 is a stone bargain these days for 3 to 4 hundred, and used with a high current amp, they sing and become almost stat-like.

Both headphones are light and have great earcups for long term comfort and are closed rather than open. They still have great sound staging even though closed.
    SME 30/2 Turntable, Da Vinci Grandezza Tonearm, Benz MC-3 Cartridge, Allnic HT 3000 head amp, Allnic H-3000 Phono, Allnic L 5000 preamp, Accuphase F 25, Analysis Audio Epsilon Speaker/foil tweeters in four way active crossover Amplification: Sony TAN 8550 VFET amp (26 DHT preamp driver)350-7000hz, Yamaha B-2 VFET amplifier (26 DHT preamp driver)80-350hz , 45 SET tube amp 7000Hz to infinity Hz, Yamaha RX Z9 plus Yamaha Aventage CX-A5000 preamp processor 9.4 surround sound.