ATI Multi-Channel Amplifiers

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Has anybody auditioned Class AB or Class D ATI amplifiers?

How do they sound compared to well-known high-end amplifiers?

Rodney Gold

Jan 29, 2014
Cape Town South Africa
I ran one of their amps with my active Linkwitz Orions , as far as I remember it was a 6 chan 150w affair.
My overall memory is of how I nearly killed myself trying to move it.. :)
I couldnt tell you how it sounded compared to anything else as it was the only amp I used with the Orions and I sold it with the speakers as a package along with the crossover unit
It wasnt one of their most modern designs .. but it was more than up to the task of driving the speakers

hiroshige

Feb 13, 2011
Has anybody auditioned Class AB or Class D ATI amplifiers?

How do they sound compared to well-known high-end amplifiers?

Hi Ron

I had the ATI Signature amplifier (A/B) and used it for a HT and for 2 channel application. Really great amplifier. Neutral, powerful, low noise floor, overall just a very good amplifier. Like Rodney notes, it was extremely heavy.

I preferred the ATI signature over several amps like the Parasound amps. At the time, it took something like the MSB M202 mono amps to find an amplifier I preferred more for 2 channel.

audioguy

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Near Atlanta, GA but not too near!
Not ATI, but I switched to Class D amplification some time ago. The brand is d-Sonic and I have the M3a-4000-7 (7 channels) 3 x 800w, 4 x 400w. Lots of incredibly clean power and I even run it off of a Power Conditioner/Converter that has all of the rest of my front end gear on it. VERY efficient.

While I know this is WBF, the difference/subtleties in current high end solid-state amplification lose my interest after a point. My "it's way more than good enough" point is passed. I now tend to spend my money and time on those improvements that even a person with poor hearing could detect.

This is not to suggest that d-Sonic amps are inferior to other more costly options. Only that I did not do a "direct" comparison to my much more costly previous amps. And, unlike most others on this forum, I do NOT trust my long term hearing memory when products are this good.

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Hi Ron

I had the ATI Signature amplifier (A/B) and used it for a HT and for 2 channel application. Really great amplifier. Neutral, powerful, low noise floor, overall just a very good amplifier. Like Rodney notes, it was extremely heavy.

I preferred the ATI signature over several amps like the Parasound amps. At the time, it took something like the MSB M202 mono amps to find an amplifier I preferred more for 2 channel.

How did the sound of the ATI amplifier compare to the sound of the Parasound A51?

ricjor1

Oct 13, 2012
How did the sound of the ATI amplifier compare to the sound of the Parasound A51?

I have an ATI AT523NC 3-channel Amplifier running my center and rear channels. Prior to the ATI amp, I had a Marantz SR5011 and Marantz 5-channel amplifier. I prefer the ATI simply because the power difference is so obvious...more detailed, powerful, and quick impactful surround sound with the ATI! Although, I've owned a Parasound A21, I couldn't honestly say how the A51 would compare to ATI. I can say the ATI completed my surround system. While I still struggle being completely done with my 2-channel. I can honestly say I'm done with my 5.1 surround system!

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Thank you for commenting. How did the A21 sound versus the ATI amplifier?

hiroshige

Feb 13, 2011

Hi Ron

I actually got to try the JC-1, A-21 and A-51. Great amps but could really heat up the room. I thought the Parasound emphasized the top end a little bit so it did give the feeling of more "air" but overall seemed to be leaner in its presentation. To me the ATI seemed to have a lower noise floor and just seemed to let more info through without adding or subtracting anything.

ricjor1

Oct 13, 2012
Thank you for commenting. How did the A21 sound versus the ATI amplifier?

I had the A21 several years ago. I've never compared the two; therefore I don't want to make false claims about their sound. In my system/room I would classify the Parasound A21 as on the dark side of neutral. To my ears the A21 sounds flat.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing