An Important Announcement From Your WBF Admin Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

admin1959

THE FIXER (I build websites)
Mar 27, 2010

To all members of Whats Best Forum.........

When Amir left the administrative/ownership team of WBF, an agreement was made which allowed him one year of unrestricted membership here at Whats Best Forum. The details of this legal agreement will remain private. This aforementioned one-year period has ended. In this past year Amir has established his own website.As a result a unanimous decision was made by the WBF Admin team to permanently revoke his membership here at Whats Best Forum.This decision is permanent and will under no circumstance be reversed. While we understand that some members may question this action we feel that this is in the best interests of WBF going forward. We would ask that no threads or discussions be placed on the forum with regard to this matter. Please direct such comments to an admin team member via PM. We all wish Amir continued success with his website.

Your Admin Team

Lee
Ron
Steve
Tom

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston

When Amir left the administrative/ownership team of WBF, an agreement was made which allowed him one year of unrestricted membership here at Whats Best Forum. The details of this legal agreement will remain private. This aforementioned one-year period has ended. In this past year Amir has established his own website.As a result a unanimous decision was made by the WBF Admin team to permanently revoke his membership here at Whats Best Forum.This decision is permanent and will under no circumstance be reversed. While we understand that some members may question this action we feel that this is in the best interests of WBF going forward. We would ask that no threads or discussions be placed on the forum with regard to this matter. Please direct such comments to an admin team member via PM. We all wish Amir continued success with his website.

Your Admin Team

Lee
Ron
Steve
Tom

In that case, which I will indeed not discuss as wished for, I would suggest you close this thread before, well, it will be discussed ;)

I also wish Amir continued success with his website.

trev

Apr 3, 2015
Norfolk U.K
Good afternoon all
I sent a message to admin after reading this and have been asked to post it here so here goes

Good morning
Firstly congratulations on a great forum
Just to let you know in the 2 years I have been a member here although I have never got round to posting I pop in most days to peruse the latest posts
I must let you know I have just read the best post I have ever seen here, that being the news that Amir has finally been banned.

Best Regards
Trevor

Once again congrats on a great forum and one which i suspect will get even better.

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
I support this decision and thank the Admin team for making this hard call. Amir's agenda and his approach of injecting it ran counter to the forum purpose as I see it. just my personal viewpoint.

I wish Amir and his website well.

Rodney Gold

Jan 29, 2014
Cape Town South Africa
Shame.. he made such a good whipping boy...

jeff1225

Jan 29, 2012
This a good decision by the forum administrators. Since I joined this forum a few years ago, I've seen a steady decline in the civility of the discussions between members. I personally believe that this decline will be reversed by the culling of members that attack, belittle and seek to embarrass fellow hobbyists.

DaveC

Industry Expert
Nov 16, 2014
I support this decision and thank the Admin team for making this hard call. Amir's agenda and his approach of injecting it ran counter to the forum purpose as I see it. just my personal viewpoint.

I wish Amir and his website well.

+1

IMO Amir often adds some good information that provokes thought, but it is usually presented in a manner that does a disservice to the very information provided. While we've had our differences I have no animosity and wish Amir the best.

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston
This a good decision by the forum administrators. Since I joined this forum a few years ago, I've seen a steady decline in the civility of the discussions between members. I personally believe that this decline will be reversed by the culling of members that attack, belittle and seek to embarrass fellow hobbyists.

And of course there were also many who were way oversensitive to anything Amir. In some instances it was plain ridiculous. Let's not forget that.

jeff1225

Jan 29, 2012
And of course there were also many who were way oversensitive to anything Amir. In some instances it was plain ridiculous. Let's not forget that.

All one has to do is visit Amir's own forum and look at how he trashes hobbyist's personal systems that he has been graciously invited to visit. Completely rude and uncivilized.

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
Thanks, Admin Team -you have my support.

RogerD

VIP/Donor
May 23, 2010
BiggestLittleCity
Admin team I knew there was a method to your madness.
+1

jtinn

Industry Expert
Apr 20, 2010

Your Admin Team

Lee
Ron
Steve
Tom

My sentiments are the same as Mike's. I feel Amir's audio agenda is much different than the majority of us in the forum and that this decision is certainly "What's Best" for all of us.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
I have never met Amir in person. But in my heart he is a good man, an intelligent man, a force to be reckon with, to learn from, to evolve with, to live with verve, with sensitivities. We all have sensitivities, we're humans, we're unique, we're less than perfect, we are weak, we are influential, we are who we are in the society we build together.

EDIT: This is a very strange thread, unnecessary in my opinion. It creates animosity instead of building relationships.
Amir is not a shark, he doesn't bite, he's a human being, a great human being like all of us.
I hope someday we all wake up on the right side of the bed, the bright side.

Last edited:

Don Hills

Jun 20, 2013
Wellington, New Zealand

Indeed. I trust the culling process will continue. Let's make WBF great again.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
All the best to ASR and its members.

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston

jkeny

Industry Expert, Member Sponsor
Feb 9, 2012
Ireland
Although I enjoyed jousting with Amir & we could be on the same side if he opened himself to other possibilities besides his current limitations - but I have never seen any indication of this happening.
it's a shame

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing