Avid Pulsare II vs Audia Flight FL phono stages

Pani

Jun 4, 2013
Hi,
I have a system based on Audio Note M6 preamp and Conquest Silver Signature monoblocks. They are driving a pair of Tannoy Turnberry speakers. Analog setup consists of Loricraft Garrard 301 with ART-9 cartridge. I am looking for a solid state phonostage that adds that crisp transient response and pace to the music.

Both Avid Pulsare II and Audia Flight FL phono stages have received a lot of praise for their transparency and ability to dissappear. Has anyone here compared them or heard them both to be able to share some opinion on which one would be a better buy or say a more accurate music maker ?

jackelsson

Dec 1, 2013
.de
Unfortunately I don't have first hand experience with the Avid phono stage so I will not be of much help in comparing it to the Audia Flight Phono.

But what I can comment on is the Audia Flight Phono as such. I owned one for a bit more than two years and although it is true that this is an exceptionally transparent phono stage I always felt that it lacked a bit in musicality and inspiration. Back then I also had a Pass XP-15 in parrallel and I must admit that I always preferred it to the Audia Flight by a mile.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing