Audio Research Reference REF 5SE in near mint condition

lem321

Feb 7, 2014
Audio Research Reference REF 5SE in near mint condition ***SOLD SOLD SOLD***

AUDIO RESEARCH REFERENCE 5SE preamplifier in natural finish
Asking Price: $7500 (new $12,995)

Description
This ARC Reference 5SE was built in February of 2014 and shipped on February 21, 2014 (see the ARC Quality Assurance Certificate). It is an original ARC Reference 5SE model, not one that was upgraded. I purchased the unit in April of 2014 and it has been sitting in the same position on my rack until today. The REF 5SE has performed flawlessly since day one. It has not been serviced nor have any parts been replaced. I am selling because I’ve upgraded to an ARC Reference 6. The unit currently has 1593 hours on the original tubes. The (5) 6H30 tubes are expected to last 4000 hours and the single 6550WE tube is estimated to last 2000 hours according to the ARC REF 5SE manual. The serial number is 13504906.

Condition
Cosmetic condition is 9/10 (near mint) with no signs of wear. The front panel is pristine as are the handles, buttons and chassis. The Plexiglas top is in excellent condition without warpage. Remote control is 8/10 because there’s a very superficial 2mm scratch on the left side but no discoloration or functional defects.

What’s Included
Everything that came with the unit originally from the factory is included: the detachable power cord, remote control, owner’s manual, QA Certificate, ARC 5SE checklist, warranty card, ARC note about the break-in period, tube warning sheet, 4” screwdriver, foam packaging for the 6 tubes and the original factory box.

Shipping and payment
I will ship in the original ARC factory box insured for the total purchase price through FedEx for actual cost (estimated to be about $120). Shipment to Hawaii and Alaska would be more. The vacuum tubes will be packaged separately in the factory foam container just as it came from the factory. Paypal fees, shipping and insurance will be the responsibility of the buyer. Paypal is the preferred method of payment but I will accept a certified check or wire transfer. Funds must clear before the item is sent. I have an excellent track record on ebay (wlem321). I have less feedback on Audiogon (lem321) but all reviews have been positive. I will only ship to the continental USA. No returns or trades please. Please let me know if you have any questions or would like to see additional pictures. Cheers! View attachment 33497

Attachments

• IMG_7602 (3).JPG
    IMG_7602 (3).JPG
    26.6 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_7630 (4).JPG
    IMG_7630 (4).JPG
    35.4 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_7714 (2).JPG
    IMG_7714 (2).JPG
    28 KB · Views: 63
  • tube hours.JPG
    tube hours.JPG
    28.8 KB · Views: 64
  • top panel.JPG
    top panel.JPG
    36.4 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:

lem321

Feb 7, 2014
Item is SOLD.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing