Canberra Australia
Hi
I have 2 triplanars one on sp 10 the other a Monaco 1.5

I noted one had much clearer bass than the other

One with the good bass had two counterweights close to pivot point
The other with the flabby bass one mid shaft

I replaced the one counterweight with two close to pivot point

Viola! Explosive tight, tuneful clear deep bass

This is a recommendation for all triplanar owners ....enjoy:)

Marcus

Member Sponsor
Oct 5, 2012
This is great info. Can you post some photos? It would be nice to see the difference between these two counterweights.

jfrech

VIP/Donor
Sep 3, 2012
Austin
Have you tried removing the damping trough ? That cleaned things up also for me...when I owned my Tri...

awsmone

Apr 6, 2014
Canberra Australia
Have you tried removing the damping trough ? That cleaned things up also for me...when I owned my Tri...
Interesting I use my troughs ...might try

jfrech

VIP/Donor
Sep 3, 2012
Austin
Interesting I use my troughs ...might try

I never used mine. Maybe with the damping fluid in it the whole mechanism is damped...and you won't have the same outcome I had. Audiogon has a thread where top ten triplanar tweaks. Another is using little o rings for weight on the anti skating arm vs the metal weight...

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing