Sophia has me smitten....

C.A.P

Apr 23, 2010
Well after a few weeks with these I can attest I am truly falling in love with a girl named Sophia.. I knew it was bad when my better half woke me up asking "WHO IS THIS SOPHIA?"
I wad tepid on my response.. and said the Almondine black girl in the back room !
I have been running them with my favored KSA 100S and a KRC3 pre and a Connect server. The amp s older technology but having had newer Krell amps this one just does it well on many speakers.. The Pre is a solid clean neutral as it gets.. The Connect replaced my KPS 25sc as I grew tired of redbook and getting up

Positioning was a bear but I am a stickler for the last 1/8th inch for years being a ESL cat.. I spent and am still fiddling with not yet spiked but damn ready ..

Im trying a few cables and speaker runs.. Analysis plus Solo crystal XLR that I find NEUTRAL. They are not a tone control cable.. Audioquest blue colored with a battery ground deal. Loaned to compare.. Speaker wire has been MIT and another Audoquest ..

I had the previous owner over who had them hooked up to various amps and said his Conrad Johnson LP140 were his favorite.. He sat last night guffawed at a solid state system that was neutral and well balanced..

Bass is so tight and impactful with midranges to die for.. The Focal Tweeter is so controlled and not bright as many want to say.. I love Ti tweets when done right.. (when done wrong its painful)

The stage is huge and centered higher than the speakers but not to high to give a ten foot tall effect.. I can attest once you get Wilson sound its burned into your head and that mid range is food for you soul.. Talking to Wilson factory and Dave at Axpona it was joyful and greetings to a family ! I know no why Wilson fans are so dedicated..

metaphacts

Industry Expert
Feb 1, 2011
Lower Provo River
Well after a few weeks with these I can attest I am truly falling in love with a girl named Sophia.. I knew it was bad when my better half woke me up asking "WHO IS THIS SOPHIA?"
I wad tepid on my response.. and said the Almondine black girl in the back room !
I have been running them with my favored KSA 100S and a KRC3 pre and a Connect server. The amp s older technology but having had newer Krell amps this one just does it well on many speakers.. The Pre is a solid clean neutral as it gets.. The Connect replaced my KPS 25sc as I grew tired of redbook and getting up

Positioning was a bear but I am a stickler for the last 1/8th inch for years being a ESL cat.. I spent and am still fiddling with not yet spiked but damn ready ..

Im trying a few cables and speaker runs.. Analysis plus Solo crystal XLR that I find NEUTRAL. They are not a tone control cable.. Audioquest blue colored with a battery ground deal. Loaned to compare.. Speaker wire has been MIT and another Audoquest ..

I had the previous owner over who had them hooked up to various amps and said his Conrad Johnson LP140 were his favorite.. He sat last night guffawed at a solid state system that was neutral and well balanced..

Bass is so tight and impactful with midranges to die for.. The Focal Tweeter is so controlled and not bright as many want to say.. I love Ti tweets when done right.. (when done wrong its painful)

The stage is huge and centered higher than the speakers but not to high to give a ten foot tall effect.. I can attest once you get Wilson sound its burned into your head and that mid range is food for you soul.. Talking to Wilson factory and Dave at Axpona it was joyful and greetings to a family ! I know no why Wilson fans are so dedicated..

I'm happy to hear that Sophia has stolen your heart! Enjoy!

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
Congratulations C.A.P.! You are spot on with your observation of the Ti tweeter....at least IMO. They can truly be painful or done right? A slice of heaven on Earth.

Tom

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing