Roger Waters Is This The Life We Really Want

thedudeabides

Jan 16, 2011
Alto, NM
Sounds like Roger has become the dog that some people on this forum want to kick.

Maybe they should do something else with their life like, maybe, watch the Wizard of Oz.

Hi-FiGuy

Member Sponsor
Feb 23, 2015
As mentioned earlier, there is never a question about his live performances, they are always amazing. I saw the R.A.D.I.O. Kaos tour and Pros and Cons and was amazing.
The RK tour held one of my top 3 Rock concerts ever as at the time the tour came to town,Los Angeles, the radio station KMET had just switched to smooth jazz and everybody was blown out. A tragic end to a fantastic radio station that was a huge part of our lives. They had DJ's with personalities and they played themed sets. you could have a party and just leave it on The Mighty Met and roll on with the night.
Any how, the DJ on the RK album is Jim Ladd of KMET and he toured with RW that year and that night they had a giant KMET banner behind the stage and a phone booth at the back of the floor and you could call Jim Ladd between songs and lets just say it was very emotional night for a bunch of people, like everybody.
Another thing he did was make the Los Angeles Forum sound good, only seen two other bands do that, Pink Floyd and Rush! I have seen a boatload of shows there.

A gentleman i work with who is a huge fan went to the show in Tacoma and said it was fantastic and aside from the subject matter of the new album, was politic silent. I guess he learns from his mistakes when it effects the pocket book.

To be fare I have listened to the album a few more times and have come to the conclusion its just not for me. I would like to hear the vinyl version as the CD seems very compressed. Some have indicated the black disc is not so.

Its his gig, and he can do what ever he wants and we have the choice to listen, or not.

R.I.P. KMET

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KMET_(FM)

Last edited:

infinitely baffled

VIP/Donor
Jul 2, 2015
Scotland
Sounds like Roger has become the dog that some people on this forum want to kick.

Maybe they should do something else with their life like, maybe, watch the Wizard of Oz.

The pro Israel lobby detests him for his outspoken support of the Boycott, Diversify Sanction (BDS) movement.
If anyone is interested in his actual views I urge them to read the text of his address to the United Nations.
He is clearly no anti semite but a campaigner for social justice.
While I respect the 'no politics' rule you can't just malign someone and characterise their world view as anti Semitic, when it is clearly not, without someone pointing this out. The anti semite tag is far too often used to shut down legitimate criticism of the state of israel

oceancall

Jun 2, 2013
This is not music that I have any desire to listen to. Roger Waters sounds like he wants to stick his head in the oven.

thedudeabides

Jan 16, 2011
Alto, NM
This is not music that I have any desire to listen to. Roger Waters sounds like he wants to stick his head in the oven.

Simple solution. Don't listen.

As most reasonable people know, music preferences are very subjective.

Find another dog to kick. :cool:

Skylab

May 14, 2016
Chicagoland
I went to see the Roger Waters show at the United Center in Chicago last night.

I thought the show was great. The show featured some of the most impressive special effects / production values I have ever seen at a rock concert. Giant flying pig - check. Animals building in middle of venue? Check. Huge laser pyramid with rainbow colors? Check.

Roger is really the ring-leader of a Pink Floyd circus he creates for the tour, and that works pretty well, as happily the band he has is very, very talented. Jon Carin is awesome and has been playing this material for decades with both Roger and Gilmour. And I have to say Dave Kilminster was absolutely fantastic - he is a great guitarist. Love him in Steven Wilson's band, and I loved him last night. The show NEEDED him and he delivered big time. The music was played at a very, very high level.

Roger's vocals on WYWH were fine enough for that song, and he was actually on very good voice overall, so the PF songs that were originally his were great. To my surprise I actually preferred this, or a group-sing, versus the guy (Jonathan Wilson) who they had sing the Gilmour vocals of Dogs and Money. The two female singers were terrific, though, and did wonders for the vocals. Overall, very impressive show, and highly enjoyable night of music.

infinitely baffled

VIP/Donor
Jul 2, 2015
Scotland
Nice write up :cool:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing