Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jriver Video Problems

[WBF Founding Member]

Jriver Video Problems

I am having a very strange problem with JRiver 22 connected to HDMI input on Oppo. Worked fine for years, then I once disconnected my server from Oppo (to use another source). Ever since I plugged the server with JRiver back in I have been having this problem.

When I start a video track, I am getting a "Failed to setup video window (hr=0x80004002) error message and the track won't start. I tried reinstalling JRiver, different cable, different HDMI imput on Oppo and even different HDMI switch. Same problem. Here is what is even weirder. When I unplug HDMI from Oppo, JRiver plays the track just fine, and when I plug HDMI into my Oppo while the track is playing, I get video. However, when I select another track, I get the same error message. It seems like something is going wrong with the HDMI handshake.

Anyone has any suggestions how to troubleshoot / fix this problem. I can't play any video files now, which is incredibly annoying.

You just possibly might get access to a bit more expertise in the JRiver forum than here.

Banned
    Smells like a video driver issue. See if that can be upgraded.

If not, bang your head against the wall three times. It won't do anything but the pain will take your mind of the problem you are having.

Member Addicted to Best! NorthStar's Avatar
    Did you...in your Oppo BR player (103/D, 105/D)...

• Make sure the firmware is the most recent.
    • Reset factory defaults and erase persistent storage (write down your settings first).

* Bonus:
    I mentioned your issue @ another forum; if I get a reply with the solution, I'll be pronto to share here.
    All the Very Best, - Bob --------- "And it stoned me to my soul" - Van Morrison --------- AudiophileAudition

I believe I've seen this error before. When you uninstalled JRiver - did you do a complete uninstall (to include registry entries). If I'm not mistaken - this is what it took for someone else in another forum to get rid of this error.

[WBF Founding Member]
    Thanks everyone. I believe the problem has been traced back to an video driver update windows took the liberty of doing automatically. I reinstalled the driver and Jriver and for now it works again. I have a hunch the problem will come back and I'm not out of the woods yet. We'll see.

[WBF Founding Member]
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthStar View Post
    Did you...in your Oppo BR player (103/D, 105/D)...

• Make sure the firmware is the most recent.
    • Reset factory defaults and erase persistent storage (write down your settings first).

* Bonus:
    I mentioned your issue @ another forum; if I get a reply with the solution, I'll be pronto to share here.
    It is not an Oppo problem. I had the same problem taking the Oppo out of the chain, inserting an HDMI switch.

Ok, Amir was right then.
    All the Very Best, - Bob --------- "And it stoned me to my soul" - Van Morrison --------- AudiophileAudition

[WBF Founding Member]
    predictably, the problem came back. I'm leaning towards the sledgehammer and buy new hardware approach at this point.

You think there is a cure for its well being?

* You can still use the Oppo (105) for watching movies...I highly recommend this one, on Blu:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast