Page 14 of 29 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: A world first? Passive v active isolation platforms test

Member Sponsor Addicted to Best!
    My last post for a while, it's a little weird to talk to myself on a public forum.
    Tonight the synergy of Stacore Adv under cdp, Stacore Basic Plus under bpt, and Sablon Reserva Elite PCs to cdp and pre, was something v special.
    I'm able to completely forget about my sub amp crossover settings on my Zus, which I was never able to do in my old room.
    I'm getting amazing bass extension and texture, w fantastic agility and discrimination.
    Listening to Jonas Hellborg, one of my most fave bassists, and the layering of his bass lines is something to behold.
    This is beyond the normal kind of component upgrade epiphany, more an expansion of the whole sound palette, more colour yet more linearity and neutrality.
    To maintain the tonal balance I've always loved in my system, but get all parameters to outperform w no change to the basic signature of my sound, is a kind of magic trick.
    I'm afraid this stuff is badly in my bloodstream now, I need to Stacore the whole system progressively.
    Aiming for two more Stacore Advanced early next year for cdp and preamp (the one I'm currently using under cdp going under tt soon), then later next year remaining three to monos and preamp psu.
    Good thing other than all Elites PCs to rest of gear, SR B fuses, modest streamer/dac and ultrasonic lp cleaner, that I'm planning no more purchases, all big ticket components spends are superfluous.
    That's a real testament to how radical the Stacores are proving to be.

Site Founder And Administrator Ron Resnick's Avatar
    I look forward to seeing and hearing everything in a few weeks!

Will your LP set-up be operating by then?
    Mono and Stereo - Senior Contributing Reviewer

turntable: American Sound AS-2000 (ordered) tonearm: SME 3012R (to come); cartridge: ZYX Universe Premium X-SB2 (to come)
    tape: Studer A820 Mk II
    preamp: Aesthetix Io Eclipse with 2 power supplies (ordered); amplifier: VTL MB-750s
    speakers: Gryphon Pendragons (ordered)
    cables: MasterBuilt Ultra or Cardas Clear Beyond (TBD); power: Benjamin Electric subpanel; Torus AVR60BAL; JPS in-wall wire; Furutech NCF outlets; room: 20' wide X 25' long X 14' tall; treatment: ASC Tube Traps and Tower Slims; tweaks: Shakti Stones, Shun Mooks (Kedar to place)

I'm not sure Ron.
    I'm waiting on the bespoke psu for Straingauge from Peter (whom you'll remember from yr Omegas planars demo).
    He's testing two last transformers, whichever wins out goes in the final production unit.
    Then up to me to set up cart, tt, arm and psu.

Site Founder And Administrator Ron Resnick's Avatar
    I want to hear vinyl! This is the same stuff you have been waiting for two years? Tell that flake to hurry up.
    Mono and Stereo - Senior Contributing Reviewer

turntable: American Sound AS-2000 (ordered) tonearm: SME 3012R (to come); cartridge: ZYX Universe Premium X-SB2 (to come)
    tape: Studer A820 Mk II
    preamp: Aesthetix Io Eclipse with 2 power supplies (ordered); amplifier: VTL MB-750s
    speakers: Gryphon Pendragons (ordered)
    cables: MasterBuilt Ultra or Cardas Clear Beyond (TBD); power: Benjamin Electric subpanel; Torus AVR60BAL; JPS in-wall wire; Furutech NCF outlets; room: 20' wide X 25' long X 14' tall; treatment: ASC Tube Traps and Tower Slims; tweaks: Shakti Stones, Shun Mooks (Kedar to place)

Quote Originally Posted by spiritofmusic View Post
    My last post for a while, it's a little weird to talk to myself on a public forum.
    Tonight the synergy of Stacore Adv under cdp, Stacore Basic Plus under bpt, and Sablon Reserva Elite PCs to cdp and pre, was something v special.
    I'm able to completely forget about my sub amp crossover settings on my Zus, which I was never able to do in my old room.
    I'm getting amazing bass extension and texture, w fantastic agility and discrimination.
    Listening to Jonas Hellborg, one of my most fave bassists, and the layering of his bass lines is something to behold.
    This is beyond the normal kind of component upgrade epiphany, more an expansion of the whole sound palette, more colour yet more linearity and neutrality.
    To maintain the tonal balance I've always loved in my system, but get all parameters to outperform w no change to the basic signature of my sound, is a kind of magic trick.
    I'm afraid this stuff is badly in my bloodstream now, I need to Stacore the whole system progressively.
    Aiming for two more Stacore Advanced early next year for cdp and preamp (the one I'm currently using under cdp going under tt soon), then later next year remaining three to monos and preamp psu.
    Good thing other than all Elites PCs to rest of gear, SR B fuses, modest streamer/dac and ultrasonic lp cleaner, that I'm planning no more purchases, all big ticket components spends are superfluous.
    That's a real testament to how radical the Stacores are proving to be.
    Thank you very much Marc for sharing the impressions! This is something that motivates us
    to work even harder and move forward [I recently moved basically single-handedly 960kg of slate plates
    for the new batch, this was hard;] From my experience, when both the electrical power
    and the mechanical ground are clean there appears some higher order harmony in the sound,
    transcendent to the usual listening experiences when these two factors are not met simultaneously.
    And yes, it is highly addictive

Will be happy to serve you - we are starting a new batch now, the stone is here already and is very very beautiful
    [I keep being fascinated by the subtle elegance of this Italian slate].

Cheers,
    Last edited by Stacore; 08-13-2017 at 12:52 AM. Reason: style
    Jarek Korbicz
    STACORE
    Manufacturer of Advanced Pneumatic
    Anti-vibration Platforms

Ron, I conspired to break my cart/phono just before you and Tinka visited the London apartment a couple of years ago, got it fixed, 3 months later put everything away for my big move/audio room project, 18 months later set everything out, then proceeded to commit yet another act of vandalism on the cart, just got it back, but need to wait for that new psu which will prevent future faults.

Jarek, yes this epiphany of combining vibrational and electrical noise reduction simultaneously is really something, and highly addictive.
    All w the major plus of not altering the basic tonal character of the components.
    Will be in touch w you in due course, and will report when my tt gets installed on the Stacore Adv.

Sure Marc, would love to hear how the tt reacts.
    Jarek Korbicz
    STACORE
    Manufacturer of Advanced Pneumatic
    Anti-vibration Platforms

VIP/Donor [VIP/Donor]
    After Marc's positive experience of Stacore products, I have ordered two Basic+ platforms for my monoblokcs and advanced platform for my DAC. The platforms have arrived. I have spent one week of listening with these platforms.

A little bit background of my room. I am living in suburb and away from traffic. My listening room is in the ground floor with marble flooring.

I first put my monoblocks on the advanced platform. Pump in air and do the levelling. I do not expect much improvement as I am living in a quiet area. However, I am so wrong. From the first note, I notice the bass of the sound has tightened and less bloated. It is faster and more articulate. In other words, the bass becomes more accurate. The music becomes more foot tapping. I can't believe isolation on my monblocks has so much influence on the bass quality. I suspect Stacore platforms does an excellent job of isolating vibrations from the speakers.

After a few days, I put my DAC on the advanced platform. This time, there is no change in bass quality. However, midrange becomes purer. The voice becomes more addictive to listen. Keep on listening track after track. I echo all Marc's positive experiences on these platforms.

Vibrations isolation is a real deal. The effects are as great or more than cable upgrade. It is also much cheaper. Stacore platforms are winners. Now, I am thinking to add more platforms under my external crossover boxes.

Quote Originally Posted by adyc View Post
    After Marc's positive experience of Stacore products, I have ordered two Basic+ platforms for my monoblokcs and advanced platform for my DAC. The platforms have arrived. I have spent one week of listening with these platforms.

A little bit background of my room. I am living in suburb and away from traffic. My listening room is in the ground floor with marble flooring.

I first put my monoblocks on the advanced platform. Pump in air and do the levelling. I do not expect much improvement as I am living in a quiet area. However, I am so wrong. From the first note, I notice the bass of the sound has tightened and less bloated. It is faster and more articulate. In other words, the bass becomes more accurate. The music becomes more foot tapping. I can't believe isolation on my monblocks has so much influence on the bass quality. I suspect Stacore platforms does an excellent job of isolating vibrations from the speakers.

After a few days, I put my DAC on the advanced platform. This time, there is no change in bass quality. However, midrange becomes purer. The voice becomes more addictive to listen. Keep on listening track after track. I echo all Marc's positive experiences on these platforms.

Vibrations isolation is a real deal. The effects are as great or more than cable upgrade. It is also much cheaper. Stacore platforms are winners. Now, I am thinking to add more platforms under my external crossover boxes.
    Congratulations. I noticed similar improvements when I installed Vibraplane platforms under my SS mono blocks.
    My system link on WBF: http://www.whatsbestforum.com/showth...-Sublime-Sound
    Analog: SME 30/12, SME V-12, My Sonic Labs Signature Gold, AirTight Supreme, VDH Colibri Platinum, MINT LP protractor
    Electronics: Pass Labs XA160.5 amp, XP-20 preamp, XP-25 phono, Cables: Transparent REF XL MM2,
    Speakers: Magico Mini II, Essentials: Jim Smith RoomPlay, 3 Vibraplanes, Dedicated circuits

Page 14 of 29 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast