Montagna Italian speaker

gian60

Apr 17, 2016
Dear All,

i want to show my speaker, produced in Italy by a very small company,Montagna.

Its a 3 way,98 db efficiency,with cabinet in Ergal and carbon fiber,all 100% made in Montagna company.
The driver have the magnet in Maxalco,that is alnico V with oriented crystal.
The network is 6db and made with 430 very small capacitors for mid and 220 for tweeter instead the big Mundford for exemple,
so the sound is more fast.

The best speaker i had in the past were,Acoustat 2+2,all Quad,Martin Logan ESL,Apogee Diva,Timpany IV,Andra,Soundlab A1+B1,
Audiotekne monovia CB,Audiotekne horn 3 way,Electro Voice Sentry III,Yamamura 3 way special speaker,Klipsch,Rogers,ecc,ecc.

I went in Munich last 2 years and i listen everything,even if to give one real judgment you need test at home,
I have friend with Wilson Alexandria,Gryphon trident,Wilson X1,Daniel Hertz M1,Dynadio Consequence,Tad R1,ecc,ecc

but i love this speaker and its a pity in Usa and Asia is not possible to listen.

Is not perfect because there is nothing perfect,but i love them a lot.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing