LA Audio Show -- June 2, 3 and 4

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
We will be there all three days. We will be staying at the hotel.

Who is going?

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
As you know I will be there. Just in case you have trouble recognizing me, here is what I will look like:

asiufy

Industry Expert/VIP Donor
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
I am!

Doing the usual 3-room setup... 212, 575 and 579!

Since it's a new venue and rooms, we'll start setting up on Wednesday. Hopefully we'll get good sound :)

cheers,
alex

hifial

Apr 7, 2013
Just a heads up that I will be at the LA Audio Show as an Ambassador for Sound Galleries and Taiko Audio. I will be arriving on Thursday afternoon and will be leaving on Monday afternoon.

I will be spending time in the Alma Audio room but I will also be floating around the show. I will be wearing a Polo shirt with the Sound Galleries and Taiko Audio logos on it so I will not be to hard to spot. If you see me please say hello as I am looking foreword to meeting other WBF posters. Also there are plans a foot and if all goes well we will have another SGM in a second room at the LAAS.

PS Alex, I will stop by to help/check the setup after I check into the hotel.

jazdoc

Member Sponsor
Aug 7, 2010
Bellevue
Going to be there Saturday and Sunday.

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA
Will be there Fri/Sat for sure.

Looking forward to the new digs. For once I have a 10 minute commute to the show :)

asiufy

Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
Here's the little blurb I wrote about what we're doing at the LA Show this year:

Alma Music and Audio presents the YG Extravaganza at the Los Angeles Audio Show (and great new digital too!)

Southern California dealer Alma Music and Audio, located in La Jolla, is going all in in this year with YG Acoustics, presenting three very different systems, all anchored by a member of the YG Acoustics’ family of innovative speakers.

Room 212 will host the winning combination of YG Sonja speakers, paired with Audionet electronics, new Kubala-Sosna Realization cables, and the best reviewed turntable ever, the Kronos Pro! This is a system that always thrills and is generally considered “best in show”. Don’t miss it!

Room 575 will feature Dan D’Agostino Progression mono block amplifiers, who’ll provide virtually unlimited power for YG Sonja 1.2’s. Audio Research’s Reference 10 preamp will provide the special “tube touch”, with a magical soundstage and mind-blowing dynamics. We’ll premiere in the US show circuit the new Linn Klimax DSM/3 network player. This is as much a breakthrough in digital audio as the original Klimax was back in 2007!

And finally, in Room 579, we’ll feature a very unique pairing of YG Carmel 2 speakers and Audio Research electronics. The amplifier is the gorgeous GS150, paired with the Reference 6 preamp. Tubes and YG? Yes sir! We’re also introducing the Aqua Formula DAC, paired with the Sound Galleries Monaco 2015, a state-of-the-art music server. This is digital like you’ve never heard before!

Our rooms will have Kubala-Sosna cables, IsoTek power conditioners, and Nemesis decorative acoustic panels.

We’re extremely excited to present these three systems, and we hope you can stop by and enjoy them as much as we do!

Lee

Feb 3, 2011
Alpharetta, Georgia
I will be there Thursday to Sunday. I will be judging until Saturday at noon for the new Alphie awards.

Would be great to meet some WBF folks!

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
I will be there Thursday to Sunday. I will be judging until Saturday at noon for the new Alphie awards.
What is that award? Best looking audiophiles? If so, I like to get my name in first! :D

Would be great to meet some WBF folks!
Same here but not show if there is a number > zero that want to see me back! :D :D

Simon Moon

Apr 24, 2015
I'll be there on Saturday and Sunday.

Only about a 30 mile drive for me.

So... about 2 hours each direction.:cool:

Lee

Feb 3, 2011
Alpharetta, Georgia
What is that award? Best looking audiophiles? If so, I like to get my name in first! :D

Same here but not show if there is a number > zero that want to see me back! :D :D

Amir, you have best looking sewn up already so we don't need judges for that. ;)

Lee

Feb 3, 2011
Alpharetta, Georgia
I feel and know your pain

I remember my last trip to LA two years ago, I tried to outsmart traffic by leaving my hotel at Warner Estate but still got behind two traffic jams on the 405 at 4:30am!

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
I remember my last trip to LA two years ago, I tried to outsmart traffic by leaving my hotel at Warner Estate but still got behind two traffic jams on the 405 at 4:30am!

This past Memorial Day Weekend the trip from LA to where I live in south Orange County (~65 miles) was 4 hours

asiufy

Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
I'm at the hotel venue, and two of our rooms are functioning :) Tomorrow will be mostly dedicated to speaker positioning and fine tuning!

The good news is that the little hotel rooms are mostly decent, while the bigger rooms in the mezzanine are not... Odd looking rooms with two nooks, one on each side.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing