FS: Bryston BDA-3 DAC with BR-2 remote - Mint condition

Status
Not open for further replies.

audio.bill

May 27, 2013
Chicago suburbs
*** SALE PENDING ***

Bryston’s current top of the line
BDA-3 DAC. I purchased this DAC brand new from an authorized Bryston dealer in February of 2016 along with the optional BR-2 remote. It has the 17” silver faceplate with optional blue LEDs and is in mint condition. The remainder of Bryston’s factory warranty is fully transferable to the new owner. New retail price is $3,495 plus $375 for remote, totaling $3,870. My selling price of $2,195 includes ground shipping within the US. Buy with confidence from an experienced audiophile with a perfect sales feedback history (please see my audio sales feedback history at https://www.audiogon.com/users/bill_k/feedbacks). I’d be happy to call you to discuss any potential concerns you may have. Only reason for sale is that I’ve upgraded to a significantly more expensive DAC. Please forgive the poor quality of my pics, I'm an avid audiophile but not a very good photographer. Shipment only within the US, and not interested in any trades. Thanks in advance for your interest!

Product review excerpts for your reference:

March 14th, 2017 - BDA-3 DAC
"The BDA-3’s low-level detail recovery, musicality, and neutrality are all reference caliber. With countless songs, Bryston’s flagship DAC re-created the musicians’ intentions with far greater clarity, insight, and perspicacity than I’ve ever heard before." - Douglas Brown, NOVO

December 15th, 2016 - BDA-3 DAC
"The BDA-3 is an EAN Stellar Sound Award winner and a definite pick for an EAN Product of The Year Award in the DAC category." - John Gatski, Everything Audio Network

December 9th, 2016 - BDA-3 DAC
"It delivered superbly effortless, delicate, subtly revealing, tube-like analog output from a variety of digital file formats and sample rates, including DSD64 datastreams from SACDs. " - Larry Greenhill, Stereophile

Novermber 10th, 2016 - BDA-3
"It delivered the superbly effortless, delicate, subtly revealing, tube-like analog output from a variety of digital file formats and sample rates... I had no choice but to buy the review sample, and I recommended that the BDA-3 be listed in Class A+ of Stereophile's Recommended Components" - Larry Greenhill, Stereophile

October 18th, 2016 - BDA-3
"In terms of sound, the BDA-3 has nothing to envy from products offered by other manufacturers, the choice of the latest AKM chips and support of all formats available in PCM or DSD formats providing excellent durability. One must appreciate Bryston’s seriousness to offer a series of products over the years that are as well built as they are successful." - Michel Forbes, Mag@zine TED

September 1st, 2016 - BDA-3 DAC
"The new flagship BDA-3 DAC has the ability to bring out the best in one's favorite music and deliver the emotion in one's most impassioned compositions. Throughout this review, I enjoyed the clean, crisp details reproduced by the BDA-3." - The Computer Audiophile

July 15th, 2016 - BDP-2 Digital Player and BDA-3 DAC
"The Bryston BDP-2 and BDA-3 should be auditioned if shopping for a state of the art digital front end that while not inexpensive, is worth every penny." - Andre Marc, Audio Video Revolution

July 1st, 2016 - BDA-3 DAC
"The BDA-3, it’s a highly accomplished DAC that can easily hold its own against far more expensive competition. The most full-featured DAC I’ve encountered, it offers myriad connections for just about any digital source you might have. With four HDMI inputs and the ability to play recordings of almost any resolution, Bryston’s top DAC model distinguishes itself from its competition. And there are converters at multiples of the BDA-3’s price that don’t come close to it in terms of flexibility. But more important than any of that, the BDA-3 sounds transparent and resolving, always remaining faithful to the signal it’s fed." - Philip Beaudette, SoundStage!Hi-Fi

May 1st, 2016 - BDA-3 DAC
"Bryston’s BDA-3 is an absolutely significant representative of current audio technology. It is superbly made, technically of the highest performance, outstandingly feature equipped, and at the same time sound wise stunning." - Philipp Schneckenburger, HiFi Statement

April 29th, 2016 - BDA-3 DAC
"The BDA-3 DAC’s musicality and its unusual multifaceted configuration clearly raise it above its competitors." - Wolfgang Kemper, HiFi Statement

April 25th, 2016 - BDA-3 DAC
"The Bryston BDA-3 is not only the best DAC that this Canadian company has made it is one of the best equipped on the market and delivers a sound that is both revealing, fluent and very much a slave to the signal. " - Jason Kennedy, The Ear

Attachments

• 1550012-bryston-bda3-dac-wsilver-faceplate-blue-leds-br2-remote-mint-condition.jpg
    1550012-bryston-bda3-dac-wsilver-faceplate-blue-leds-br2-remote-mint-condition.jpg
    262.2 KB · Views: 34
  • 1550014-bryston-bda3-dac-wsilver-faceplate-blue-leds-br2-remote-mint-condition.jpg
    1550014-bryston-bda3-dac-wsilver-faceplate-blue-leds-br2-remote-mint-condition.jpg
    396 KB · Views: 34
  • 1550017-bryston-bda3-dac-wsilver-faceplate-blue-leds-br2-remote-mint-condition.jpg
    1550017-bryston-bda3-dac-wsilver-faceplate-blue-leds-br2-remote-mint-condition.jpg
    298 KB · Views: 34
  • 1550011-bryston-bda3-dac-wsilver-faceplate-blue-leds-br2-remote-mint-condition.jpg
    1550011-bryston-bda3-dac-wsilver-faceplate-blue-leds-br2-remote-mint-condition.jpg
    447 KB · Views: 33
  • 1550015-bryston-bda3-dac-wsilver-faceplate-blue-leds-br2-remote-mint-condition.jpg
    1550015-bryston-bda3-dac-wsilver-faceplate-blue-leds-br2-remote-mint-condition.jpg
    484 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing