Single active isolation platform to support a rack of components

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Guys, after my stellar demo of active Kuraka platform under my Eera cdp, resulting in clearer and more nuanced bass, decluttered mids, more sparking treble, all round improved intelligibility, I'm 100% sold on the concept
I just have some active v passive trials to do, but one of Stacore Adv, Minus K or Kuraka will end up under my tt
I have one specific q, and one only for the purpose of this particular thread
If the subsequent load is safely within the tolerance limit of the isolation platform, is it feasible to stack an inert rack on an active platform housing 2, 3, 4, 5 components, whatever, and find the full benefits of the active isolation is brought to all those components progressively stacked on the rack above?
Eg I have my main rack w cdp, preamp and pre psu
If the limit of the Kuraka is 120kg, and a static rack plus cdp plus pre plus pre psu does not exceed 120kg, do I get benefit of Kuraka as heard on my cdp to be fully replicated w the cdp on the rack on the Kuraka plus benefits of pre and pre psu also being actively isolated?
Or is there going to be a natural dissipation of isolation w multiple components involved?
At £5k per component, it's quite an investment, but if that £5k can be split btwn 2-5 components, it makes the investment all the more vfm

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing