Bitcoin

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
I think the real use of gold today and going forward is as a hedge on Bitcoin.

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
The world’s top cryptocurrency, bitcoin, is set to consume some 95.68 TW/h (terawatt-hours, or one trillion watts per hour) by the end of the year, according to the Cambridge Bitcoin Electricity Consumption Index.
That’s about the same as the power consumption of the Philippines.

Were not even talking other coins " green coin "

Reactions: DaveC

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
And yet it’s using less than 1% of global power and is one of the only industries willing to go with more sustainable and greener energy as available; thereby pushing the industry of lower pollution power generation.

Reactions: Zero000

RogerD

VIP/Donor
May 23, 2010
BiggestLittleCity

Zero000

Jul 28, 2014
The world’s top cryptocurrency, bitcoin, is set to consume some 95.68 TW/h (terawatt-hours, or one trillion watts per hour) by the end of the year, according to the Cambridge Bitcoin Electricity Consumption Index.
That’s about the same as the power consumption of the Philippines.

Were not even talking other coins " green coin "
We've been here already.

The traditional fiat based finance system uses WAY more. Read my earlier post on the subject.

Don't listen to provably wrong FUD.

Zero000

Jul 28, 2014
This obvious problem has been obvious for years. Masses of information and documentaries on it. Wastelands of poorly built towns/cities almost derilict/unpopulated supposedly a great investment.

Chinese madness/idiocy.

And now suddenly a problem? What nutcases thought this cause was worth lending to? Couldn't be western bankers could it?

Buy Bitcoin and bypass banking and government sector lunacy. Backed by nothing apart from scarcity and the belief of the people. At least one better than fiat.

Last edited:
Reactions: RogerD

RogerD

VIP/Donor
May 23, 2010
BiggestLittleCity
This obvious problem has been obvious for years. Masses of information and documentaries on it. Wastelands of poorly built towns/cities almost derilict/unpopulated supposedly a great investment.

Chinese madness/idiocy.

And now suddenly a problem? What nutcases thought this cause was worth lending to? Couldn't be western bankers could it?

Buy Bitcoin and bypass banking and government sector lunacy. Backed by nothing apart from scarcity and the belief of the people. At least one better than fiat.
Markets use to be better at forecasting economic problems. QE changed all that....black swans surprise markets,but how can you miss a black swan.

Back in the Nixon era C Douglas Dillon and Paul Volcker made a deal with the Chinese. The Big American banks would finance the industrial revolution and they let the USD float against other currencies while Corporate America invested in China and America received constant stagflation even to this day.

Yes Western banks have always sold out America. What will be the next great screwing? Big banks have already said they will steal from depositors and a SDR based monetary system which China will be a large stakeholder to reflate the World economies after stock markets and assets revalue downward.

Bitcoin I suspect will be sold heavily in Asia as liquidity dries up, Bitcoin is in a bear market...could be wrong. Though it will be the first to bottom a long with gold. May we live in interesting times.
Btw Evergrande is just the fuse among many as the stock market is just a barometer of corruption and human psychology. The big question will the "Bezzle" be exposed...only by the majority of people if they demand it. America has lived with a corrupt power structure practically all my life...so I doubt it and that is the reason Bitcoin,Gold and Silver will always be in demand but still be in cycles....just human nature. EOR

Reactions: andromedaaudio

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
Does Powell actually believe what he says?
Mandate for the fed is job growth / " price stabillity " ;) .
Afaic its the biggest scam job ever by the big banks( which own/ are the fed ) / politicians, they make madoff look like a boy scout .

They will " try " to inflate their way out of it ( no real tapering / interest rate hikes )
If bitcoin can put a brake on big banks monetary control /government spending i m all for it .
Gold standard can do that job as well , america s biggest economic boom was when it was on a gold standard, when nixon took it of government spending exploded
Conclusion now its the lower and middle class thats hurting ( renters and people without stocks)

Last edited:
Reactions: Zero000 and RogerD

RogerD

VIP/Donor
May 23, 2010
BiggestLittleCity
Fed use to be maybe 20 pct Central Bankers. Paul Volcker was the last and Greenspan the first of many lackeys for the Power Structure. I remember seeing Harry Browne at the Masonic Auditorium in San Francisco when I was in high school.Pretty young for a gold bug who read Franz Pick.

Last edited:
Reactions: andromedaaudio

Zero000

Jul 28, 2014
The technology will be the backbone of our financial world. But bitcoin is a dinosaur that will fizzle in value as is, because its basically useless given how long it takes to make a transaction, the cost, and no tech with it for uses outside of a currency.

Transactions are currently "illegal" for entirley illigitimate reasons with no juristiction. The USA is literally shooting itself in the foot with a bazooka right now.
The judge of spelling correction sez bullshit.

Check out the Lightning network. It's not the same as owning the blockchain lookup indices, which I recommend you do for true ownership on your own memory storage system.

The Lightning network is a wrapper around a scarce asset. I have been thinking about it for a bit. TBH I haven't come to a conclusion about it so far. I should probably have a good look at the code....

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Just a update on the SPX
So I count 5 down from the top. That is the first necessary element for a change of trend for stocks and probably other assets. The top if it has occurred on September 2nd. A bottom is due 55 trading days from that top. Should become apparent in the next 2 weeks.

Did it become apparent on schedule?

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
I am no technician, but BTC is looking pretty strong to me. BTC re-took US$59,999.00 overnight.

Reactions: Zero000 and bonzo75

Zero000

Jul 28, 2014
The media obviously needs to dream up some more massive FUD stories.

But they're not coming up trumps at the moment. They've obviously gotten a bit bored.

But they WILL get back on the case. Guaranteed.

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
BTC above US$61,000!

Zero000

Jul 28, 2014
Nice buy in for you at your previously stated $38K then.

Enjoy. I think now could be next year's bear market price but hey, what do I know.

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Nice buy in for you at your previously stated $38K then.

Enjoy. I think now could be next year's bear market price but hey, what do I know.

Unfortunately I was able to buy only a little bit more at that price.

Zero000

Jul 28, 2014
Unfortunately I was able to buy only a little bit more at that price.
Sounds more desperate than it should for a true bull.

It should say something like: "I had 29.8 billion lying around but I realised I loved money more than the price of it. So I bought and held just to see a number rising for a giggle."

:)

Reactions: Ron Resnick

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing