Bitcoin

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Here's something fresh and interesting news ...

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-...mains-rumors-swirl-it-may-soon-accept-bitcoin

Amazon, this is quite big. That would propell Bitcoin to the skies.
The more people join the higher it gets. It's like high demand for a drug that has no definite side effects.
The potency is eclipsing all other defective and overvalued drugs. It's a way of speech of course.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Wow, over $7,000 now.

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy...-past-7000-double-its-value-in-mid-september/

That's a nice jump towards the high rolling skies; no doubt that yesterday's news about Amazon played a role. Bitcoin is up, keep getting higher and higher, and Tesla is down 6% now, with Elon Musk getting frustrated @ the journalists, calling it SHAME.
A rich tech man with futuristic ideas that are good for the environment and for investors, but patience has its limit and money borrowed from the investors follows suit right behind patience. I guess, or I don't know much about the borrowing power and the promises of deliveries.
Team work, or it won't work. @ least with Bitcoin the team behind is incognito. Then there is no one to blame but me.

Other car manufacturers are catching up fast, with EV. Tesla and the timing are ticking tic tac ...

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Zip it (click) ? Bitcoin bursts through $8,000

_____

https://futurism.com/bitcoin-passes-8000/

"Veteran trader masterluc said in August that he expects it to hit almost double that — $15,000 —before the end of the year, and FundStrat Global Advisor co-founder Tom Lee believes it could surge to $25,000 over the next five years."

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Are you buying any, Bob?

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Yes, I have been buying a little bit of three of the "coins" (Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin). I noticed there has often been a dip in prices over the weekend, and when "forks" are imminent.

I started buying a bit after Jamie Dimon called Bitcoin a "fraud" and said people who are buying it are "stupid," and then shortly therafter JPMorganChase launched a blockchain-based system with two other banks to reduce global payment transaction speeds "from weeks to hours," and then the CME announced the commencement of futures trading on Bitcoin next month.

I do not understand anything about Bitcoin (starting with, most fundamentally, why the supply is considered to be largely limited) and other "crypto-currencies" but they appear to be growing into an alternative asset class.

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
They are limited because they have to be mined by machines like this, and everytime was on is mined the next one is more difficult to mine. Also is there is a undetermined cap at 21 million, which may or may not be reached and even more complicated can be changed if everyone around the world agrees to change it.

Ron, perhaps you should read this into article.

My guess? Anyone will be sorry for not owning Bitcoin. And that isn't just because it appreciates better than nearly anything, with consistency.

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Thank you, but I just don't find it terribly persuasive. Any cap that people agree on, people can agree to change.

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
Thank you, but I just don't find it terribly persuasive. Any cap that people agree on, people can agree to change.

True, but you have to remember there are serious incentives not to cap it as well. The change requires a majority of people that run the actual network (all private at this point) to come to agreement. There is no definite reason that they would do that. If the difficulty is high enough and the value is high enough, they could potentially make less by choosing to exceed the cap.

And still, I highly recommend getting some if you don't. There are reasons I can't even cover yet. I am not saying that because it could be capped, I'm saying that because the value may be monumental.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Last edited:

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
A good time to buy bitcoin is when the bubble explodes.
Bloomberg is not getting on the train.
True, there is a cap @ 21 million, but who knows why that number.
Bitcoin rose 17% in just one week, this week!

• Bloomberg -> https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...allocations-due-to-threat-of-crypto-crackdown

The number is built into the original code. It can be changed but only if everyone around the globe agrees to have a clear majority. Again, we don't know if they will want to. Also, we don't know how long it'll take to get there.

Currently the majority of coins may be mined by 2032, and about 20.67 million will be reached by 2140. To get to just about 21 million may take another 100 years on top of that. Now, technology may change before then but we don't know... we have a bit of a wall.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
The number is built into the original code. It can be changed but only if everyone around the globe agrees to have a clear majority. Again, we don't know if they will want to. Also, we don't know how long it'll take to get there.

Currently the majority of coins may be mined by 2032, and about 20.67 million will be reached by 2140. To get to just about 21 million may take another 100 years on top of that. Now, technology may change before then but we don't know... we have a bit of a wall.

We don't know much, that's the point. What we do know is that people love money, high returns, privacy, security, independence, liberty, wealth, health, and heaven (a world free of burning hell and taxes).

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
There is no reason to expect it to "pop" anytime soon. If investors inflate it wickedly then maybe. But I do mean like $100,000 or something. Fact is the supply is very limited whether it's capped or not, because it is mined.

Even if you lost on buying Bitcoin, the potential is too big not to put anything in. There are big reasons to be interested. My only regret is not buying more, especially early on. Because I would have cashed out by now? No, I'd be hodling most of it.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing