Bitcoin

marty

Apr 20, 2010
United States
The link didn't work for me Bob, but I tracked it down. The graph is self-explanatory but since 1) I have a hard time balancing my checkbook and 2) I'm just trying not to get my butt kicked in the market right now, I will be the last person on the planet to buy bitcoin anytime soon.

Screen Shot 2018-12-28 at 6.15.56 PM.png

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Hmmm, strange that the link did not work. But it can happen sometimes, like for me some YouTube videos are not available in Canada, so I have to Google them from other sources. Anyway...

Bitcoin is only making the news because it's the Season Holidays.
I've only posted the link in good spirit of the humor Holidays because before it reaches $333,000 that'll be the day! It has 200% better chance to go fubar (caput), below zero than anything else on this planet, including a dozen volcanoes erupting @ the same time.

Bitcoin is humor, destruction for the gullible and weak and lost. It's a distraction like many unimportant news and many irrelevant and superficial life's values.
Again, I only posted that link because it is so funny what they put out today on the internet in the goal to lure the money out of people's pockets (bank accounts). That is all.

Who wants to play with thieves, scammers, hackers and all the bad gangs of cyber bandits out there! Just look @ the players, it says it all; like Tim Draper and John McAfee, etc.

Reactions: CGabriel

RogerD

VIP/Donor
May 23, 2010
BiggestLittleCity
I still think Bitcoin is headed below 2,000. Psychological negativity will continue to increase in the first quarter of 2019 and financial markets will continue to suffer. IMHO, YMMV

RogerD

VIP/Donor
May 23, 2010
BiggestLittleCity
Like Marty bitcoin is something I will never own. The thought however comes to mind about what will happen to Bitcoin should we enter a bear market
Bear market? The put call ratio for equities closed at .44 which is really low....bearish. If the market continues to rally Monday and it falls into the .30's that's a sell signal imho. US/China Trade talks begin a week from Monday and the Democratic House comes in January 3rd....lot's of volatility.

DaveC

Industry Expert
Nov 16, 2014
https://www.technologyreview.com/s/...nhackable-blockchains-are-now-getting-hacked/

I can only imagine how much energy this whole mess is using, hacking a blockchain is going to require massive computing power.

Time to end this BS, it's an environmental and ethical disaster. The world's problems are obviously the result of corruption and environmental degradation, cryptocurrency gives you both at the same time!

Reactions: hogen

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
https://www.technologyreview.com/s/...nhackable-blockchains-are-now-getting-hacked/

I can only imagine how much energy this whole mess is using, hacking a blockchain is going to require massive computing power.

Time to end this BS, it's an environmental and ethical disaster. The world's problems are obviously the result of corruption and environmental degradation, cryptocurrency gives you both at the same time!

Everyone has known from the start this is possible. And it comes as no surprise that someone had enough computers to have a majority on the rinkadink ehtereum classic chain. Try it on Bitcoin... unhackable for the foreseeable future.

The only reason it’s on CoinBase is because those assholes figure it is marketing, people know the name Ethereum so maybe they’ll buy/sell the classic version. It’s just like how they put on Bitcoin Cash vaguely so people would buy it - and also ruined their deal with a major exchange for affecting prices.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
This guy is my number one guru who I trust the most for everything investment Bitcoin related:
https://www.ccn.com/john-mcafee-bitcoin-price-predictions/amp

...One of the worst con artists on the face of this planet. He should work in a circus, the world circus of finances and protection of investments. ...Him and a whole bunch more like him.

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
Well, that doesn't speak for Bitcoin itself since it's not part of the blockchain itself. Regulations might make sense for custodians but the problem is that they try to just shove "double spend" laws on them, which are 100% pointless for Bitcoin.

jeff1225

Jan 29, 2012
Of course it speaks for bitcoin. It speaks for its security and lack of consumer protection. Values plummeted after the failure of Mt Gox and Quad. And rightly so.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
This is an indictment of the Ponzi scheme known as Bitcoin. The head of the Bitcoin depository Quadrigacx died in India, and only he knew the password to system. $140M in value is "trapped" in the depository, with no way of getting it out.

Maybe some banking regulations aren't a bad idea.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.coindesk.com/indian-death-certificate-crypto-exchange-quadrigacx-death?amp

I have followed that story since it was revealed on the news networks...Internet.
This young man's legacy is gone caput forever with his death, and along with it all the "poor soul's secured deposit boxes" behind his failed plan. It's just another example of the safety of cryptocurrency. ...Way of speech because $190 million (140) is safe for eternity in space. Lol

It's a good thing that we have music and films to distract us from reality ... :)

Last edited:

RogerD

VIP/Donor
May 23, 2010
BiggestLittleCity
Still looks corrective to me. Although it could retrace higher. But broke down today. If it goes back down to the floor...possibly very bearish for bitcoin and other markets. Stocks at record high sentiment levels again.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing