Bitcoin

Ali Kooper

Feb 15, 2018
AFAIK, most exchanges accepted credit cards. Coinbase does, and they're the biggest, or at least were.
I just got a notice from them saying that, while they still accept credit cards, they claim they have to report their transactions (to the CC company) as being a cash advance, and not a normal purchase.
I guess people were buying cryptos with CCs, hoping to sell it later to pay later, and I guess that didn't end up well...

alex

I advise you to use exchangers and not show your personal data

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
These coins certainly have had a wild ride the last few weeks. I bought a few more Ethereum on the way down to $590. Is that throwing more good money after bad? I have no idea.

They have had a good bounce off the recent lows but if they don’t make a new high it could very well just be a very springy dead cat bounce. (I hope not, of course, as I have not sold any coins, but that is what basic technical analysis would suggest.)

So, owners of coins have to hope for new highs. . .

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
It is all still in the infant, or maybe fetus stage. I expect nothing but overall trends upward. When you will really start to see making or breaking will be when wide adoption of use plays out for some and not others.

Last edited:

853guy

Aug 14, 2013
It is all still in the infinite, or maybe fetus stage. I expect nothing but overall trends upward. When you will really start to see making or breaking will be when wide adoption of use plays out for some and not others.

And anything that's at that stage is, of course, at its most vulnerable.

Cryptocurrencies may indeed become widely adopted, and potentially, generate overall trends upward. Whether that will apply to Bitcoin specifically - given its very early stages of development - is anyone's guess.

https://medium.com/opacity/bitcoin-1537e616a074

Best,

853guy

Last edited:

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA
word is a single trader bought $400mm in the past two weeks - that isn't exactly liquidity lol.

i mentioned a bounce was in store around 6200 and it did exactly that. the problem will be lower highs as overhead supply is massive. bear market rallies are so quick and fast...

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA
word is a single trader bought $400mm in the past two weeks - that isn't exactly liquidity lol.

i mentioned a bounce was in store around 6200 and it did exactly that. the problem will be lower highs as overhead supply is massive. bear market rallies are so quick and fast...

well, lower highs again. bubbles popping are no fun and down 25% this week. great selling opportunity technically at 11k. big time resistance there now and shorts prob use that as a stop

the key to trading Bitcoin is to think of it as a commodity - ignore all the news flow. its a simple chart featuring time and price. 7200 next stop

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
. . . the key to trading Bitcoin is to think of it as a commodity - ignore all the news flow. its a simple chart featuring time and price. . . .

I agree with this!

RogerD

VIP/Donor
May 23, 2010
BiggestLittleCity
Completed wave B up of a large 3 wave decline and has started wave C down. A target of between 4K and 2K would seem reasonable. Another problem is the US stock market,as the NDX is in a blowoff pattern....Bitcoin was too.

RogerD

VIP/Donor
May 23, 2010
BiggestLittleCity
Bitcoin looks to have entered wave 3 of 3 down. I expect it to waterfall down. If so could get a 95 pct retrace from the move up. The big question is will it produce contagion in other markets...probably so.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Good Friday Roger,

We remember just few months back the euphoria in bitcoin climbing to levels above the skies. Today, it's more like euthanasia...irreversible in its perilous fall over the precipice of death and into the eternal darkness... abyss of hell, home of Satan and his gang of hackers and up to no good. :b

Last edited:

RogerD

VIP/Donor
May 23, 2010
BiggestLittleCity
Good Friday Roger,

We remember just few months back the euphoria in bitcoin climbing to levels above the skies.
Today, it's more like euthanasia.

Hi Bob...all bubbles end badly. Most famous is the South Sea bubble of 1720,which declined 98 pct from the top. This C wave should be relentless to the downside.

Chart of Bitcoin tonight....looks like a top @7100

The price of bitcoin is on track for its worst quarter performance ever. The price of the cryptocurrency has fallen from $13,412 on January 1 to $7266 on March 30, marking more than a 45% decline… At a G-20 meeting this month, Argentina's central bank governor outlined a summer deadline for members to have "specific recommendations on what to do" and said task forces are working to submit proposals by...
https://mmacycles.com/index.php?route=blog/article&category_id=1&article_id=192

https://www.ccn.com/okex-to-roll-ba...rades-after-bitcoin-price-crashes-below-5000/

Last edited:

Pb Blimp

Oct 30, 2017
USA
Good Friday Roger,

We remember just few months back the euphoria in bitcoin climbing to levels above the skies.
Today, it's more like euthanasia.

It's just so sad there was no way to see this coming.....:p

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing