Looks familiar?:)

Attachments

• IMG_0108.JPG
    IMG_0108.JPG
    254.7 KB · Views: 66

Pb Blimp

Oct 30, 2017
USA
I love you guys. One of you is long; the other is short. The one who's short is afraid of market contagion that'll imperil other markets (in which presumably he's invested). Neither of you has any idea what the price action will be. I realize you're just having fun of course, it just doesn't make sense to me.

I can't imagine how the CBOE and CME are going to add much liquidity to this market initially. It's too expensive to backstop their positions. The bid ask spread will surely be enormous. Taken together with other market risks for this stuff, all this suggests there'll be more than a few bumps in the road.

You nailed it. Can't disagree with anything you said, especially the bold. We be crazy. It's like betting on ponies at a track where the windows holding the bets turns around and invests them in a poker game where all the players get chips on IOU's. No one knows if anybody has any real money. Ain't it great?

Last edited:

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Essay / In good spirit

https://news.bitcoin.com/the-satoshi-revolution-chapter-3-civil-liberties-and-central-banks-part-3/
https://news.bitcoin.com/ludicrous-headlines-bitcoin-mining-will-kill-us/
___

Bitcoin seems to become like the new normality today. I think it's best to get used to it and adopt it with wide open liberated arms. Even the banks across the world want to be friends with their new ally.
Ok, I am a little humorous and sarcastic both.

We don't know 2, 5, 10, 20 years from now where bitcoin will be. The more regulation from the banks and the governments and the stock markets, the more we can play with it the more fun can be added from everyone. We love to be controlled, to be dictated, to be slave of someone else. We love our banks and we love our constitutional rights to peace and comfort...health and wealth. We trust our financial institutions since the day they were born and the people who created them. This is not an open option, it's the law serving the people, the people who control the world wealth, who distribute the money equally among the billionaires of the establishment.
Again, it's with a touch of sarcasm and exaggerated humor I'm typing this.

If the voice of reason can speak from over the clouds of erupting volcanoes and burning fires let it be. We humbly assembled in building a better world, for all people, not just the ones who live in fear of losing all that they don't have. Again, a touch of sarcastic humor.

I don't know what the futures will do, and all the bettings. Who can tell what's going to happen with something everyone is chasing after. ...Buying, selling, buying again, low, selling again, high, ups, downs, where will it end, how to begin...

If one bet it will crash, and that one has a strong influential voice, the game of the name...
If one bet it will reach passed all the black holes of the universe, the infinite space of time...

I've read many articles from reputable writers of various backgrounds.
The control is in the hands of people doing the right things in life.
And who are they these people? They are you and us.
___

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-...nt-shocked-discover-it-owns-3-billion-bitcoin
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-12-09/if-you-dont-own-any-bitcoin-read

?http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-12-09/bitcoin-just-brilliant-wealth-redistribution-scheme

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Steve, I have a confession to make: I see good and bad, and the balance is ours. :b

I'm just trying to survive like a normal guy in a sea infested of sharks with sharp teeth. ...The hurricanes and fires from the financial world of very poor management...IMO.
___

If the futures and banks and stock markets and governments and financial institutions and secret services like the FBI and CIA and Federal Reserve they all want to join in, let them play freely in the new sandbox. There's room for everyone.

It's good for man to learn new things, to adapt and advance.

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
. . .

Bitcoin seems to become like the new normality today. I think it's best to get used to it and adopt it with wide open liberated arms. Even the banks across the world want to be friends with their new ally.
Ok, I am a little humorous and sarcastic both.

We don't know 2, 5, 10, 20 years from now where bitcoin will be. The more regulation from the banks and the governments and the stock markets, the more we can play with it the more fun can be added from everyone. We love to be controlled, to be dictated, to be slave of someone else. We love our banks and we love our constitutional rights to peace and comfort...health and wealth. We trust our financial institutions since the day they were born and the people who created them. This is not an open option, it's the law serving the people, the people who control the world wealth, who distribute the money equally among the billionaires of the establishment.
Again, it's with a touch of sarcasm and exaggerated humor I'm typing this.

If the voice of reason can speak from over the clouds of erupting volcanoes and burning fires let it be. We humbly assembled in building a better world, for all people, not just the ones who live in fear of losing all that they don't have. Again, a touch of sarcastic humor.

I don't know what the futures will do, and all the bettings. Who can tell what's going to happen with something everyone is chasing after. ...Buying, selling, buying again, low, selling again, high, ups, downs, where will it end, how to begin...

If one bet it will crash, and that one has a strong influential voice, the game of the name...
If one bet it will reach passed all the black holes of the universe, the infinite space of time...

I've read many articles from reputable writers of various backgrounds.
The control is in the hands of people doing the right things in life.
And who are they these people? They are you and us.

. . .

Bob, I do not have the slightest idea what you are talking about. Please try to rein in the drivel.

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
Bob, one philosophical question for you: can time ever stop?

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
So far the CBOE futures trading seems pretty stable.

Pb Blimp

Oct 30, 2017
USA
Bob, one philosophical question for you: can time ever stop?

Ya it happens every time I start reading one of Bob's posts but it starts again when I am finished so I never notice.

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
As is often the case the conventional wisdom was wrong. Bitcoin futures price closed about 25 percent above the open.

So much for the theory that people are clamoring to short it. Let's see what happens tomorrow when professionals come to work and can trade futures on the CME.

But at the moment it looks like people are trying to establish some long exposure to it.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
They don't shut down the trading arbitrarily. Circuit breakers are common "timeouts" on many exchanges these days.

Pb Blimp

Oct 30, 2017
USA
As is often the case the conventional wisdom was wrong. Bitcoin futures price closed about 25 percent above the open.

So much for the theory that people are clamoring to short it. Let's see what happens tomorrow when professionals come to work and can trade futures on the CME.

But at the moment it looks like people are trying to establish some long exposure to it.

The party is just getting started. Timing is virtually impossible to predict. This thing could take years. It's all a guess at this time at least for me but it sure is fascinating. I was probably most surprised by the volume (or lack thereof).

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Bloomberg reported that 40% of bitcoin is owned by a 1000 people

marslo

VIP/Donor
May 2, 2014
Poland
Bloomberg reported that 40% of bitcoin is owned by a 1000 people
They are mostly hackers.
Apart from financial aspects there is a lot of unclear emission and duration issues plus the risk of possible privacy violation.
My personal asset manager:)(my son, graduated with distinction at Cambrigde University in finance, 2 years in DB in the City, HY department then 10 years as portfolio manager for wealthy friends) says this is to risky to invest in bitcoin .
I follow his recommendation, for me too much risk is no fun:)

Last edited:

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Last edited:

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...s-how-to-get-bitcoin-exposure-without-baggage

1 Bitcoin equals
22142.37 Canadian Dollar

https://www.theguardian.com/busines...s-trading-begins-cryptocurrency-business-live

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing