Page 23 of 40 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627282930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: Bitcoin

Site Founder And Administrator Ron Resnick's Avatar
    I hope CBOE will list options contracts. But will they list 1/10th contracts? It would be very interesting to see put premium versus call premium!

I tried to short GBTC when it was at something like an 80% premium to NAV, but I could not get any borrow.

I do not know if there is any stock borrow available but the two or three companies whose stock prices rose a few hundred percent simply because they changed their names to include the word "blockchain" would seem to be good shorting candidates.
    Mono and Stereo - Senior Contributing Reviewer

turntable: American Sound AS-2000 (ordered) tonearm: SME 3012R (to come); cartridge: ZYX Universe Premium X-SB2 or Koetsu Coralstone (TBD)
    tape: Studer A820 Mk II
    phono stage: Aesthetix Io Eclipse with 2 power supplies; line stage: Aesthetix Callisto Eclipse with 2 power supplies; amplifier: VTL MB-750s
    speakers: Gryphon Pendragons
    cables: MasterBuilt Ultra or Cardas Clear Beyond (TBD); power: Benjamin Electric subpanel; Torus AVR60BAL; JPS in-wall wire; Furutech NCF outlets; room: 20' wide X 25' long X 15' tall; treatment: ASC Tube Traps and Tower Slims; tweaks: Shakti Stones, Shun Mooks (Kedar to place)

Out of all of the public-traded blockchain-related companies I could find these three seem to be at least vaguely legitimate:

BTL Group (BTL on the Toronto Stock Exchange) created a blockchain platform called Interbit. (I have no idea what that means.)

DigitalX (DCC on the Australian Stock Exchange) seems to advise on initial coin offerings.

Global Blockchain Technologies Corp. (BLOC on the Toronto Stock Exchange) seems to be a new investment fund the seemingly impressive managers of which took over a pre-existing and unrelated listed company. (It is sometimes easier and cheaper to buy a listed but comatose company than to register and list a new company from scratch.)

Folsom already has kindly given me his take on these three companies. (Folsom please feel free to post about these companies here if you wish.)

Does anyone know anything about these companies?

turntable: American Sound AS-2000 (ordered) tonearm: SME 3012R (to come); cartridge: ZYX Universe Premium X-SB2 or Koetsu Coralstone (TBD)
    phono stage: Aesthetix Io Eclipse with 2 power supplies; line stage: Aesthetix Callisto Eclipse with 2 power supplies; amplifier: VTL MB-750s
    cables: MasterBuilt Ultra or Cardas Clear Beyond (TBD); power: Benjamin Electric subpanel; Torus AVR60BAL; JPS in-wall wire; Furutech NCF outlets; room: 20' wide X 25' long X 15' tall; treatment: ASC Tube Traps and Tower Slims; tweaks: Shakti Stones, Shun Mooks (Kedar to place)

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Resnick View Post
    I hope CBOE will list options contracts. But will they list 1/10th contracts? It would be very interesting to see put premium versus call premium!

I tried to short GBTC when it was at something like an 80% premium to NAV, but I could not get any borrow.

I do not know if there is any stock borrow available but the two or three companies whose stock prices rose a few hundred percent simply because they changed their names to include the word "blockchain" would seem to be good shorting candidates.
    I wanted to be short ahead the CBOE activity so I just grabbed a bunch of the Deribit Puts.
    Paul

Power - Torus 75 amp WMT. Furutech NCF Lines, Outlets and PC's. Star ground system.
    Cables - Nordost Valhalla 2 and Odin (phono).
    Analog Source- ARC Ref 10 Phono. Acoustic Signature Ascona MKII and TA-9000 Tonearm. Lyra Atlas.
    Amplification - Soulution 721 Preamp and 501 Monos.
    Speakers - Raidho D3.1
    Room Acoustics - Design by Acoustic Frontiers. RPG Bass Plates, RPG Absorption and Diffraction, and Custom built Helmholtz Traps.
    Stands - Solid Walnut by Timber Nation.

I am not planning to sell any before the event, but I think that's a totally rational bet.

Member Addicted to Best! NorthStar's Avatar
    All the Very Best, - Bob --------- "And it stoned me to my soul" - Van Morrison --------- AudiophileAudition

⚘ 'Tulip Mania', what is it and what does it have to do with it?
    http://money.cnn.com/2017/12/08/inve...rst/index.html

Flowers, gold, diamonds, ...aged tangible assets; we can wear, decorate with, impregnate our jewelry with...wrist watches, necklaces, earings, etc. ...Swiss movements with rubies and sapphires, crowns sparkled with emeralds and avocados.

The name 'Bitcoin' is funny; a bit is from a digital measure, and a coin is from a digital coiner/hacker.

Mining tulips is planting seeds and harvesting the crops during the season.
    Mining gold is axing a pick on a rock and sorting the colors.
    Mining diamonds is digging and watering and sweating and everything.
    Mining bitcoins is processing chips faster and wasting heat that could be used to warm up people living in the cold. It would be best mining in cold countries, not coal countries.
    Last edited by NorthStar; 12-08-2017 at 05:30 PM. Reason: .
    All the Very Best, - Bob --------- "And it stoned me to my soul" - Van Morrison --------- AudiophileAudition

There is an expression; his grandfather was a gold digger, she's a gold digger, he inherited his fortune from his gold digging ancestors, they are super rich from the underground black gold...oil.

For every fever burning in the soul of a man there are hundreds of hands reaching for the sky.
    ___

https://bitcoinist.com/bitcoin-futur...rice-pressure/
    Last edited by NorthStar; 12-08-2017 at 11:55 AM.

Litecoin is up 73% today.

In one day only!

I have no clue what next week will bring, but it sure is exciting living today.
    Always new stuff coming up, ...joy, and tears.

Site Founder And Administrator Steve Williams's Avatar
    Coto De Caza, California on the 13th fairway of the south golf course
    I guess all of us sitting the sidelines are enjoying watching all of you players in the game. This reminds me of the Dotcom boom when every stock was going off the roof. I was one of those that played that game as they continued to rise every day by large amounts. Everyone was speculating if and when the bubble would break. I remember that every weekend I listened to Bob Brinker on the radio who implored everyone to get out with what they had. Everyone scoffed him including me as we wondered what does he know. I woke upon day to find it either all gone or worth pennies on the dollar. I won't ever make that mistake again so I guess we are living vicariously through all you players
    Steve Williams
    aka oneobgyn
    There's ALWAYS another Steve Williams BUT there's only "oneobgyn"
    International Distributor of Center Stage Feet and owner of PitchPerfect Sound (www.pitchperfectsound.com)
    Dealer Lamm Electronics
    My System

Page 23 of 40 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627282930313233 ... LastLast