2017 Cable Guide

CGabriel

Industry Expert
Oct 31, 2013
WA, USA
www.shunyata.com
We have posted our 2017 Cable Guide on our website under 'Products'.

The new power cords, speaker cables, interconnects and digital cables are all included in the guide along with descriptions of the new technologies.

Bar81

Mar 24, 2017
Thanks for the heads up. I'm surprised it took this long.

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
We have posted our 2017 Cable Guide on our website under 'Products'.

The new power cords, speaker cables, interconnects and digital cables are all included in the guide along with descriptions of the new technologies.

Nice to read while I am waiting for my order. Why are you using concentric circles as a symbol for XLR mode and two small circles enveloped by a circle for SE? (e.g. slide 59)?

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal

CGabriel

Industry Expert
Oct 31, 2013
WA, USA
www.shunyata.com
All those pages and so little information.
This is what a old but good cable catalog looks like:

http://www.mogamicable.com/pdf/Mogami_Tech_cat2011.pdf

We actually did a live demo several years ago at the CES show in Vegas. We brought a musician to play an acoustic guitar that had a pick-up installed and connected to a JBL amp/speaker. No audiophile amps or speakers and you can't argue with whether the source was well recorded. In the demo we simply swapped the cable connecting the guitar to the amp. The 'reference' cable we used for the comparison against our cable was a Mogami since it is considered a reference in the PRO community. There was and is a difference.

As to the pages and information comment - that is just ridiculous. There is NO cable company that reveals more information about their products than we do. If you want more technical information - go read the patents.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
We actually did a live demo several years ago at the CES show in Vegas. We brought a musician to play an acoustic guitar that had a pick-up installed and connected to a JBL amp/speaker. No audiophile amps or speakers and you can't argue with whether the source was well recorded. In the demo we simply swapped the cable connecting the guitar to the amp. The 'reference' cable we used for the comparison against our cable was a Mogami since it is considered a reference in the PRO community. There was and is a difference.

As to the pages and information comment - that is just ridiculous. There is NO cable company that reveals more information about their products than we do. If you want more technical information - go read the patents.

I was at that demo and that was the thing that got me interested in Shunyata. It was very impressive indeed

NordicBob

Jan 11, 2017
I finally got my new Sigma speaker cables which I've had on order since January. In my system they blow the Anacondas out of the water and a must audition for anyone looking for new speaker cables. The Anacondas are no slouch and sound great, but in my opinion these new cables are in a different league.

Mdp632

May 29, 2016
I finally got my new Sigma speaker cables which I've had on order since January. In my system they blow the Anacondas out of the water and a must audition for anyone looking for new speaker cables. The Anacondas are no slouch and sound great, but in my opinion these new cables are in a different league.

Wow but, can you provide more details of your system? The amplifier and speaker combination that you have the Sigmas connected with? If you don't mind. In what ways are they superior to your previous Anacondas? Lower Noise floor?

Thanks

NordicBob

Jan 11, 2017
Wow but, can you provide more details of your system? The amplifier and speaker combination that you have the Sigmas connected with? If you don't mind. In what ways are they superior to your previous Anacondas? Lower Noise floor?

Thanks

My system comprises of Sonus Faber Amati Futura speakers, Ayre VX-5 Twenty or ARC REF 75SE amplifiers, ARC Reference 6 preamp, Aurender N-10 music server, Ayre QX-5 & PS Audio DirectStream DACs, PS Audio DMP Transport, Shunyata Research Anaconda interconnects, Shunyata Research Sigma & Synergistic Research Atmosphere Power Cords, PS Audio P10 power plant for front end, 2 dedicated 20 amp AC lines with Oyade Duplexes.

Here is what I posted in another forum about the new Sigma vs the Anacondas:

I've had my new Sigma speaker cables a while now and will share my first impressions in comparison to the the wonderful sounding demo Anacondas which I've had for about 3 months. The Anacondas sound fabulous and the best that I've heard in my system yet. That being said, the new Sigmas sound even better with a more natural sound. After a few days of break-in I was amazed how much better these cables make my system sound. It reminded me to never underestimate the importance a speaker cable and what it can contribute to one's system.

The first thing that I noticed after installing the Sigmas is is that the noise floor appeared to be lowered. Instruments as well as voice are presented in a more natural and relaxed way, and dare I say, more real sounding for a lack of a better description. There is an ease to the music and a timbral accuracy that I've not heard in my system before. Dynamics, PRAT, and bass slam are also improved and gave the impression that my Amati Futuras were on steroids. The midrange and top end is smooth and natural sounding. Presentation of of instruments and voices are precisly located in the wide and deep soundstage which I believe betters the Anacondas. "Wow", was my first reaction after playing some of my favorite large scale orchestral recordings with the Sigmas in place.

I could go on and on about these wonderful sounding Sigma speaker cables, but they are a must audition if you are in the market for new speaker cables or own the previous top of the line Anacondas.

lydon

Jul 9, 2011
I recently viewed the 2017 cable guide and although I didn't see any examples of the Sigma EF power cords, I did see a price but no image on The Cable Company website. Does this product exist or not and is it available to order?

NordicBob

Jan 11, 2017
Does this product exist or not and is it available to order?

The speaker cables do exist. I ordered mine back in January from The Cable Company and received them early in May. According to Grant I was first customer to receive them. I don't know about the power cords though. Perhaps Grant or Caelin can elucidate?

CGabriel

Industry Expert
Oct 31, 2013
WA, USA
www.shunyata.com
There are three NR Series Power Cables.
Delta NR
Alpha NR
Sigma NR

All of these are available now.

We had planned to have Delta, Alpha and Sigma EF (Extreme Flexibility) power cables. However, the 6-gauge conductors turned out to be too large to fit in the compact, CopperCONN IEC connector that we developed for the EF Series. Therefore, only the Delta EF and Alpha EF power cables will be available.

Sorry for any confusion.

Brian Walsh

Jul 7, 2011
ttsetup.com

I second your comments. I put the Sigmas on the Vandersteen Model Seven Mk IIs here in place of the Anacondas, and it was over in a few seconds. Subtle in some ways yet consistently better across the board. Well done, Caelin.

Mdp632

May 29, 2016
Can anyone clarify whether or not the new alpha and sigma digital interconnects such as SPDIF and AES contain the zitron technology ?

I'm almost certain it was on the previous generation of those repspective cables.

lydon

Jul 9, 2011
With regards to the very important wall (Mains)connection to the distributior (Denali S) for example. The company can still make a Sigma power cord with a C-19 connector that doesn't feature NR characteristics for $2.5k. If this is an accurate description of what you can build please acknowledge it. Thanks!

Last edited:

NordicBob

Jan 11, 2017
I second your comments. I put the Sigmas on the Vandersteen Model Seven Mk IIs here in place of the Anacondas, and it was over in a few seconds. Subtle in some ways yet consistently better across the board. Well done, Caelin.

It is really difficult to put in words all the great things that the Sigmas do. In my system it is almost like getting new speakers. Indeed, well done Caelin and all the others at Shunyata for making such a wonderful sounding product.

BlueFox

Member Sponsor
Nov 8, 2013
I wish people would stop saying how much better the Sigma is versus the Anaconda. I want to retire someday. :)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing