Taiko Audio Tana active/passive isolation platform

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
An interesting new product debuted in Munich
Apparently an OEM active platform good for <1Hz-120Hz combined w 5-layer constrained layer passive isolation for >120Hz
Maybe a unique combination of the two approaches
Street price c€10k I believe

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
Have you tried any platforms yet?

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
My big decision/spend for this yr is the choice of active or passive platform for my tt
Atm a 3 way face-off of
1- passive Minus K
2- passive Stacore Advanced
3- active Kuraka
My good friend Blue58 is coming over next wkend to check the active on my Eera cdp to at least see the potential of this thing
The Tana is new to the market, and is likely too pricey for me, but it would be nice to at least consider it

murphys33

Sep 28, 2011
Interesting offering - sounds very much like my implementation of Symposium / Accurion but in a single package.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Murphys, that's what I thought when I got info on the Tana
I suspect having a fully integrated all in one active/passive hybrid might have advantages to stacking a Quantum on an Accurion, but for me at least I'd rather have the Quantum able to be added as an upgrade, the total cost together still 30% less than the Tana on day one

Taiko Audio

Industry Expert
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
taikoaudio.com
Murphys, that's what I thought when I got info on the Tana
I suspect having a fully integrated all in one active/passive hybrid might have advantages to stacking a Quantum on an Accurion, but for me at least I'd rather have the Quantum able to be added as an upgrade, the total cost together still 30% less than the Tana on day one

The advantage of "integrated" is you get active cancellation of vibrations emanating from both floor and equipment. If you insert a shelf in between the active isolation device and piece of equipment you keep the active floor vibration cancellation but lose the active equipment vibration cancellation.

shakti

May 9, 2015
Cologne, Germany
I am using the Taiko Tana active isolation platform under my turntable, and like to share some pictures :)

IMG_4216.JPG
IMG_4215.JPG
IMG_4213.JPG
IMG_4214.JPG
IMG_4212.JPG

Last edited:

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Great stuff
Isolation rules
Can you clarify something for me?
Emile states the Tana is not a Herzan w added passive isolation
But I definitely recognise the Herzan switches etc in those photos
I'm a little confused

shakti

May 9, 2015
Cologne, Germany
hmmm, may be I am wrong, but for me it is a modded Herzan TS 140, so I was using the Herzan manual for initial set up. But Emile is writing here, so he can clarify the level of update (like wooden top plata, PSU and so on)

EuroDriver

Sep 16, 2015
Monaco
hmmm, may be I am wrong, but for me it is a modded Herzan TS 140, so I was using the Herzan manual for initial set up. But Emile is writing here, so he can clarify the level of update (like wooden top plata, PSU and so on)

Herzan is the US importer and distributor for active anti-vibration tables manufactured by Table Stable in Switzerland.

Table Stable also supply their anti-vibration components to Audio equipment manufacturer's on an OEM basis for non-scientific applications

The unit in the photos above is the prototype which was put together shortly before Munich High End 2017 and does not have the outboard Linear Power Supply. What it does have different from a standard Table Stable TS-140 is a thicker aluminium top plate and an additional Panzerholz top plate

The work on the high power LPS is coming along nicely, and we know there will be a discernible sonic improvement

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing