DMA-240 vs DMA-180

Console

Apr 17, 2017
Timbuktu ;)
Hi all,

I have a new 240 for offer with 30% off from Retail price. Still quite some money. My 180 is driving the Sasha Series 2 nicely and the 240 has less power. Can't compare A/B and the offer stands for just some days... what are your thoughts? Do it, don't do it? Is the Power of 240 enough for the power hungry Sasha 2?

Any opinion welcome...
Best Console

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
New 240? As in new from a dealer? Then take his demo home to compare. Or 'new' as in 'used' but it was new last week? If that, then the owner clearly doesn't like it

dan31

Jul 22, 2010
SF Bay
If you cannot compare the two amps then keep the DMA 180 that has been recently serviced. The DMA-180 was and still is a great amp.

Gene 15352

Feb 18, 2013
Canada
Can anyone comment on the DMA-240? If I'm not concerned about balanced, then I'm assuming this is the amp to get instead of the extra up-charge for the 280. I'm surprised to see hardly any posts on the 240. Thank you.
Gene

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing