well-balanced & great soundstage

Addicted to hifi

VIP/Donor
Sep 8, 2020
Australia
I tried to get the most out of the consistency and naturalness of the soundstage.
The main milestones were the achievement of great scene and three-dimensionality through the synergy of the components and the room acoustical treatment.
The apartment is part of an house of the 14th century, consequently it has been not easy to combine the system with existing structures.

View attachment 32586

View attachment 32587

View attachment 32588

View attachment 32589

View attachment 32590
Very nice indeed.

caliaripaolo

May 9, 2012
Italia
After a long period in which I have loved my Eidolon, it was time to change and get back to being passionate about this hobby.
As described on https://whatsbestforum.com/threads/new-refurbished-apogee-diva.35792/, I replaced the Eidolon with new restored Apogee Diva.
At the same time to have more air around the speakers, I changed the layout of the system.

DIVA-05.JPG

DIVA-04.JPG

DIVA-06.JPG

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
What is your impression of the sound now

caliaripaolo

May 9, 2012
Italia
I don't want to appear exaggerated in the description, I'm always very careful in describing the sensations, but in this case I am faced with a result and a synergy with the rest of the system that has left me totally amazed and incredulous for everything new I can to listen and that was simply "not there" before.
The Soulution amplifier drives these pieces of art and technology with stability and authority, effortless.

DIVA-01.JPG

Reactions: dan31 and christoph

caliaripaolo

May 9, 2012
Italia
What is your impression of the sound now
the impression that stands out the most is the extreme naturalness in the reproduction of the whole spectrum. Voices are always natural even at high volumes and the image remains stable behind the speakers without coming out on your face.
All the orchestral plans are well defined, and the body of the orchestra is deep while retaining all the details, without apparent effort.

Last edited:

caliaripaolo

May 9, 2012
Italia
I removed all the absorbers and the Shakti Hallographs leaving only the Wing diffusers from SMT and a couple of DaaD Acustica Applicata at the narrowest corner. I have disconnected the Entreq Poseidon from all devices.
I want to start from a no-tweek condition.

Reactions: christoph

caliaripaolo

May 9, 2012
Italia
The bass is one of the things that most impressed me. It is deep and at the same time defined and controlled. It accompanies the rest without being intrusive but above all without covering up the rest, which emerges in all its naturalness.
The third dimension is deep and seems to come out of the room, behind the speakers.
The voice is stable and clearly identifiable. In the choirs I can clearly identify the rows of singers.
The double bass is the most natural I've ever heard.

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
After a long period in which I have loved my Eidolon, it was time to change and get back to being passionate about this hobby.
As described on https://whatsbestforum.com/threads/new-refurbished-apogee-diva.35792/, I replaced the Eidolon with new restored Apogee Diva.
At the same time to have more air around the speakers, I changed the layout of the system.

View attachment 101089

View attachment 101090

View attachment 101091
I love your room.
So elegant and classy.

Reactions: Lagonda and bonzo75

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein

adamaley

Apr 15, 2016
Minnetonka, MN
I removed all the absorbers and the Shakti Hallographs leaving only the Wing diffusers from SMT and a couple of DaaD Acustica Applicata at the narrowest corner. I have disconnected the Entreq Poseidon from all devices.
I want to start from a no-tweek condition.
Beautiful system, and room. Over time, have you seen the need to reintroduce some of the tweaks you removed? If so, which of them, and why?

caliaripaolo

May 9, 2012
Italia
Beautiful system, and room. Over time, have you seen the need to reintroduce some of the tweaks you removed? If so, which of them, and why?
Thank you.
Ovet time I've not reintroduced any items which have been removed. the Diva loudspeakers need to be free by absorber panels. Just added the Puritan PSM 156 Studio Master Purifier.

IMG_1847.JPG

IMG_1848.JPG

adamaley

Apr 15, 2016
Minnetonka, MN
Thank you.
Ovet time I've not reintroduced any items which have been removed. the Diva loudspeakers need to be free by absorber panels. Just added the Puritan PSM 156 Studio Master Purifier.

View attachment 109610

View attachment 109611
How are you liking it so far? Are you using the Ultimate power cord or the classic. The Ultimately supposedly takes things up many notches.

caliaripaolo

May 9, 2012
Italia
I like it. I use it coupled to an Isolation Transformer .
I do not use Puritan’s power cable but an Elrod 20 A PC.
Puritan seems to give more body and definition of the details, increasing the perception of the harmonics around the instruments.

Reactions: adamaley

adamaley

Apr 15, 2016
Minnetonka, MN
I like it. I use it coupled to an Isolation Transformer .
I do not use Puritan’s power cable but an Elrod 20 A PC.
Puritan seems to give more body and definition of the details, increasing the perception of the harmonics around the instruments.
Thanks. I received my PSM 156 a few days ago, and mine is echoing what you describe here. It came with the classic cable and I've ordered the Ultimate, which should hopefully be here by the end of the week. Enjoy your system.

caliaripaolo

May 9, 2012
Italia
Thanks. I received my PSM 156 a few days ago, and mine is echoing what you describe here. It came with the classic cable and I've ordered the Ultimate, which should hopefully be here by the end of the week. Enjoy your system.
Thank you.
It takes some time to be fully efficient.
Enjoy your system.

Reactions: adamaley

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing