more legendary service from Boulder

infinitely baffled

VIP/Donor
Jul 2, 2015
Scotland
In my experience Boulder continue to set the Gold Standard in customer service;
I was having my 2060 serviced by the distributor and they discovered some issues they were unhappy with. Since Boulder no longer manufacture some 2060 parts such as the main board they are upgrading any internals that they feel aren't performing adequately to 2160 spec items

I'm one happy customer

And get this....I bought the amp second hand

Reactions: Folsom and ozy

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Fantastic...that IS service. That is pride in manufacturing for future generations of Boulder audiophiles because they are taking care of their customers today. Enjoy and Congrats!!!

infinitely baffled

VIP/Donor
Jul 2, 2015
Scotland
Cheers buddy ?
Yes it's that level of commitment from their end that guarantees my future custom. You get the feeling that somebody understands what a significant investment this is and is determined to see you right.
Superb

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan
Great story. I have head a couple of demos but have never auditioned Boulder products in my home. Their engineering appears second to none.

infinitely baffled

VIP/Donor
Jul 2, 2015
Scotland
Jim I'm struggling to give a response that doesn't make me sound like an abject fanboi ...but given you are already in similar territory I would suggest you owe it to yourself to get a home audition ?

joey_v

Nov 30, 2015
I was having my 2060 serviced by the distributor and they discovered some issues they were unhappy with. Since Boulder no longer manufacture some 2060 parts such as the main board they are upgrading any internals that they feel aren't performing adequately to 2160 spec items

I'm one happy customer

As another with a 2060, I am happy to read this.

Boulder is a great company to be a part of. I am glad to have a small piece of the rock.

infinitely baffled

VIP/Donor
Jul 2, 2015
Scotland
Innit ?
Joey can I be cheeky and ask what pre amp you are partnering your 2060 with?

joey_v

Nov 30, 2015
Cary slp05

Good synergy.

Above that is emm labs dac2x and tsdx

After that is BW802d3 with 800d3 incoming.

Wiring is 2/3 Audioquest wel

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY
That is fantastic service.

I auditioned Boulder electronics only once and it was with the Martin Logan Statement E2 speaker system at Goodwin's about a dozen years ago.

It was truly memorable.

infinitely baffled

VIP/Donor
Jul 2, 2015
Scotland
Cary slp05

Good synergy.

Above that is emm labs dac2x and tsdx

After that is BW802d3 with 800d3 incoming.

Wiring is 2/3 Audioquest wel

Valve pre with solid state power.
Great minds think alike!

The Cary is a funky looking bit of kit ?
Have you tried any other pre amps with your 2060?
Me so far:
Audio Research sp14 - huge sounding, very impressive for a quick listen but over time not nearly as nuanced or musical as the Wavac

Boulder 2110 - I could not believe the scale and power of the Boulder / Boulder combination, however that 2110 was box fresh and to my ears was just a little fatiguing. I'm prepared to concede that was down to needing to be run in, so another audition is on the cards. And tbh at that money one needs to be sure.
Also I have never witnessed images as 'reach out and touch them' solid as with this combo

Vitus Masterpiece MP-L201 - definitely better images and more textured than the Wavac, but more hifi. The music lost that certain something, the essence of the piece, that the Wavac gets to the heart of

Wavac - first impression was disappointment that I seemed to have lost the frequency extremes to a smoother presentation. But over time I've been utterly seduced by the non fatiguing musicality of the presentation. This is a combination that will draw you into the music and keep you there

infinitely baffled

VIP/Donor
Jul 2, 2015
Scotland
That is fantastic service.

I auditioned Boulder electronics only once and it was with the Martin Logan Statement E2 speaker system at Goodwin's about a dozen years ago.

It was truly memorable.

But not quite enough to tempt you away from Mcintosh?

jackson_k

VIP/Donor
Jan 19, 2019
Los Angeles

I'm one happy customer

I wish they would have done the same for my BOULDER 500AE X2 : (

maxjsr

May 12, 2020
I am envious reading the good comments about the Boulder service in the USA.

My experience has been different here in Spain.

I have a 1012 and a 1060 and when I have consulted something directly with Boulder they have always referred me to the Spanish importer, a person in whom I have no confidence and with whom I have no interest in speaking.

In 2016 the volume on the 1012 did not work (it only worked from the remote control) and I wanted to fix the problem. Once again they referred me to the Spanish importer which I refused and after a while they agreed to send it to the fantastic Stefan Becker of B&T hifi vertrieb GmbH (German importer from Boulder). Obviously the repair was absolutely perfect.

I think that in devices of this price the service from being at the level of the price paid and the minimum is to answer emails and facilitate the resolution of problems.

The Boulder importer for Spain and Portugal has recently changed and I believe and hope that things will change.

Well this has been a part of my experience with Boulder from here which has certainly not been like that of other brands.

However, I understand that since Boulder is an American brand, the service is easier and faster in the USA, but at least you can expect cordial and friendly attention.

Reactions: analyzer

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing